Does your 46M have the factory alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your 46M have the factory alarm?

Maybe comment below whether you selected yes or no and your model year?
    Yes
    74.00%
    No
    26.00%
    Last edited by lemoose; 08-24-2021, 05:21 PM.
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

My 03 M3 came fairly loaded including the alarm.
    The 04 325i didn’t but I bought and retrofitted it for $100. I think it’s a really good system for a factory alarm.

Comment

1 yes, 1 no.

Comment

Yes, Aug 06 M

Comment

Yes. Feb 02 M
          Last edited by Calb; 08-26-2021, 03:03 PM.

Comment

It does, but I've been debating weight saving it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

No, but wish it did..
              2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

03.5 and didn't come with one. I found a car with the system in a junkyard for 6 dollars and installed it in my car. I found that my car was already programmed for it but didn't have the alarm system installed for some reason.
                2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post
                  03.5 and didn't come with one. I found a car with the system in a junkyard for 6 dollars and installed it in my car. I found that my car was already programmed for it but didn't have the alarm system installed for some reason.
                  Does it make an audible noise when locking and unlocking? I always thought that it was just something that wasn't introduced in the E46 so I got used to just listening to the locks click when walking away.
                  Garage:
                  2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                  1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                    It does, but I've been debating weight saving it.
                    You know, i convinced myself to find comfort in that at least I was saving weight lol but knowing how extensive you've been with weight reduction on your car- this kills that illusion for me
                    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

You know, i convinced myself to find comfort in that at least I was saving weight lol but knowing how extensive you've been with weight reduction on your car- this kills that illusion for me
                      Every time I think about it, I imagine coming out to my car on jack stands with the RACs and brakes removed, and how stupid I'd feel...

... not that I really go to places like that...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Pretty sure these cars did not come with them regardless as a package. It was a port accessory at best so you could get it "from the factory" but they installed it when the car got off the boat if you selected the option. Both my E46s have the full alarm I added and programmed myself. It is definitely worth having for anyone considering.

2003 M3
                        2005 330i ZHP
                        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Our cars are pre-wired and this was a dealer installed accessory or after sales purchase. I happened to love it but the siren fails so I need to get a new one.

On older cars like e38 and e39 there would be an audible known as the wolf whistle but on e46 it changed to a beep/two beep confirmation when locking and unlocking along with flashing lights.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

^yep. Dealer installed option. None of them came from the factory with it.

... back in the day, coding wasn't a thing yet, so I DIYed the install and then told a different dealer than I bought my car from that the alarm wasn't working... they coded it under warranty :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                              ^yep. Dealer installed option. None of them came from the factory with it.

... back in the day, coding wasn't a thing yet, so I DIYed the install and then told a different dealer than I bought my car from that the alarm wasn't working... they coded it under warranty :P
                              Is it just a single module (part number: 65756950525) or are there multiple components to get it working properly?

Edit: it looks like there is a label in the inside of the trunk that tells you if it's pre wired or not. This video isn't an M3 and the part numbers don't mention a module...https://youtu.be/I700ptdGVSw
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Circa Surviven; 08-25-2021, 09:44 AM.
                              Garage:
                              2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                              1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Working...
                              X