Karbonius CSL Trunk Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya thats what im going to run
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

CSL bootlid used different license plate lights to the standard M3 - what’s so hard to understand?🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

you can’t reuse the M3 license lights you need to buy CSL specific ones and make up an adaptor loom to connect it.

it is well documented in all CSL bootlid installs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBFE4F49-816D-44BF-AB35-CD074EFCA8E6.png
Views:	675
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	126145 Click image for larger version

Name:	C7964AA9-0838-4AD6-BFD3-53D303CF5253.png
Views:	668
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	126144 Click image for larger version

Name:	70F370EA-35B4-4592-A149-EAC0F6F66EBA.png
Views:	688
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	126143

I am not sure why Karbonius haven’t loaded these photos on their website but this should clear up the license light issues. The cutouts are there for CSL specific license lights.

Comment

Originally posted by cbean
          I am very very interested . . . But confused on that license plate light info:

Instagram says :

" It also be fitted with all original parts, with the exception of the number plate lights "
          All original parts with exception of non-original m3 lights means csl lights.

verse website . . .

"" Perfect fitment! We have put special attention to fitment of this piece as many of the CSL boot lids replicas that exist in the market do not fit properly. All accessories will fit without additional work. It is not necessary to cut, drill or sand to have a perfect fitment. Karbonius boot lid includes all necessary holes for the installation of genuine accessories: lights, locks, upholstery, etc. CNC robotic cut ensures the necessary precision and repeatability in this great quality part!!!

I am assuming the website is referring to interior trunk lights, not License plate light . . . which is illegal in CA
          It's pretty clear (as discussed before) where it says "all accessories" and "not necessary to cut" and "all holes for install of genuine accessories".
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

"It's pretty clear (as discussed before)'

"with the exception of the number plate lights "

Hey bud, I do not see the clarity in any of the material presented by Karb alone.

I would be very concerned about dropping over two grand for something, I am not 100 percent knowledgeable about , that may require further modification to work. I would prefer not to make major modifications to an item like a trunk, or intake . . . really anything.

The conversation here, in this forum, seems to make things a little more transparent, thanks to NZ's photo find.

Finally, Jett, I will gladdly tap out of this conversation now, and let you win the social media, typing, and last word war.

I look forward to see some consumer photos of the KARB trunk on their car.

Mr. Bean,

I don't think anyone would be dense enough to drop 2k on something with what they believe is a known flaw until they get clarification. In this case, we demonstrated that english isn't their native language and the trunk does indeed have cut outs. Do you believe they would sell a 2k trunk without a provision of license plate lights? In all seriousness, I'm curious if any of the junk trunklids don't have these cutouts does anyone know?

What is always an option is reaching out to them in order to verify a detail or voice a concern, you are not helpless. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

I don't think anyone would be dense enough to drop 2k on something with what they believe is a known flaw until they get clarification

it's pretty common for people to buy mods before actually figuring out what's involved in installing them, especially in the case of body/aero parts

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

it's pretty common for people to buy mods before actually figuring out what's involved in installing them, especially in the case of body/aero parts
                Aero parts all the time, still can't see it with a 2k trunk by a reputable company modeled after an oem piece.

Comment

By the way, I asked karbonius about a group buy of airboxes and they said not right now due to long wait lists but possibly in the future.

If you want one I would just purchase one now (getting in the queue instead of waiting God knows how long to save a few hundred.

Comment

Aero parts all the time, still can't see it with a 2k trunk by a reputable company modeled after an oem piece.
                    I totally would have. I was going through the checkout process the day it was released (FOMO) until I saw the $500 shipping charge. Kabonius has a good enough reputation and it was advertised as OEM fit so I was just going to buy it without really knowing anything else.

Comment

Love it, Another great piece by Karb!

I have always used E9X license plate lights since installing the Vorst CSL trunk and now the OE CSL trunk as they are LED and i hate the old yellow style bulb lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                        Love it, Another great piece by Karb!

I have always used E9X license plate lights since installing the Vorst CSL trunk and now the OE CSL trunk as they are LED and i hate the old yellow style bulb lights.
                        I never understood why people install brighter lp lights, I'm tryna make it harder for 5-0 to run my plates

Comment

I never understood why people install brighter lp lights, I'm tryna make it harder for 5-0 to run my plates
                          They look right. They aren’t bright but just better visually.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

They look right. They aren’t bright but just better visually.

agree with this it's mostly about having a modern color temperature

incandescent license plate lights really date a car imo, it just looks like you're using candles to illuminate your plate at night

Comment

I ended up ordering one of these - happy to answer questions too when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by frenzy757 View Post
                                I ended up ordering one of these - happy to answer questions too when it arrives.
                                Post a TON of Photos!!! Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X