Karbonius CSL Trunk Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

You mean a single piece lip for the CSL bumper? Or a one piece lip for the standard M3 bumper?
    Well for me, a one piece lip for the standard bumper. But I'm sure they would sell plenty of both. There's a lot of average / kinda shitty ones that hang too low and don't line up right.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
      Buy a CSL airbox too and the shipping is still $500
      Wow really? When I bought mine 1.5 years ago, shipping was $250.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
        Why hasn’t matte cf always been a thing. SO much better than gloss.
        It’d be a pain to maintain I think. Imagine getting a deep scratch and not being able to wetsand/buff it out

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Wow really? When I bought mine 1.5 years ago, shipping was $250.
          No, I paid 245 euro for a few items a few months ago so still in line, don't know where that du got $500 from.

I went with the matte but more importantly has anybody gotten a deep scratch on their airbox before?
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Yeah… I feel like I care about scratching on exterior body work— not inside of the trunk, airbox, etc.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

No, I paid 245 euro for a few items a few months ago so still in line, don't know where that du got $500 from.

I went through checkout to verify the shipping cost.. It was just under $500. Added a CSL airbox and shipping cost did not change. Removed the trunk and shipping for just the airbox was around $250.
              2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
              Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
              Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

I went through the checkout process because I was going to buy one, I balked when the $500 shipping cost was added on. I even tried putting in a business address that can bring down costs sometimes, still the same.

Hoping that whenever somebody in the US starts carrying them it won't be as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                  Yeah… I feel like I care about scratching on exterior body work— not inside of the trunk, airbox, etc.
                  I think that’s why matte isn’t as popular in general. Long term it’s a pain to maintain. Similar to those frozen paint m3’s
                  Last edited by Toby22; 09-05-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I went with the matte but more importantly has anybody gotten a deep scratch on their airbox before?

i had some remote canisters for my suspension mounted on the strut bar that rubbed on my airbox. you can reclear it if you're ok with the cf imperfection still being there, or find a company that's good at carbon fiber repair but it'll most likely never look perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

i had some remote canisters for my suspension mounted on the strut bar that rubbed on my airbox. you can reclear it if you're ok with the cf imperfection still being there, or find a company that's good at carbon fiber repair but it'll most likely never look perfect.
                      Factory strut bar and karbonius?

Don't think I'm going to mount the cans there.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Factory strut bar and karbonius?

Don't think I'm going to mount the cans there.
                        aftermarket bar and an oe box unfortunately
                        i think it's a good spot as long as your mounting brackets are sturdy enough

Comment

I would be mad as fuck if that happened to my oe box.

Comment

I would be mad as fuck if that happened to my oe box.
                            The previous owner did not foresee that all that engine vibration, movement and contact would harm the finish on the airbox.

I have seen a few people mount the reservoirs above the headlight assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

The previous owner did not foresee that all that engine vibration, movement and contact would harm the finish on the airbox.

quality of mounting hardware is pretty important, i'd imagine something like these wouldn't have caused any problems

Get the highest quality mount for your remote reservoirs with RSpro's canister clamps. CNC machined 6061 aluminum with a carbon-fiber/nylon 3D printed adapter, these are designed to be used with any remote reservoir coil-overs.

Comment

Working...
                              X