No announcement yet.

Anyone tried JRZ RS Pro coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the MCS seems to be roughly at the same price point as the TCK DAs, curious what peoples thoughts are on street manners of the MCS/JRZ as TCK has the reputation as being the best street setup. this price point is competing with the much loved Ohlins also.

I'm in the market for a new setup come BF sales this year.

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post
      the MCS seems to be roughly at the same price point as the TCK DAs, curious what peoples thoughts are on street manners of the MCS/JRZ as TCK has the reputation as being the best street setup. this price point is competing with the much loved Ohlins also.

I'm in the market for a new setup come BF sales this year.

Keep in mind MCS and JRZs are sold as just the dampers, with everything else being an added option on top of that (springs, helper springs, camber plates, end-links, RSMs, etc) you probably have to add another $1k on top of that. Based on my research when I was looking at these options Ohlins are for street first but can handle track use with some limitations, whereas MCS/ JRZs are track first without beating you up on the street. At the end of the day the spring rates you select will have a big impact on comfort and street manners

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Keep in mind MCS and JRZs are sold as just the dampers, with everything else being an added option on top of that (springs, helper springs, camber plates, end-links, RSMs, etc) you probably have to add another $1k on top of that. Based on my research when I was looking at these options Ohlins are for street first but can handle track use with some limitations, whereas MCS/ JRZs are track first without beating you up on the street. At the end of the day the spring rates you select will have a big impact on comfort and street manners
        Good point.

You will need
        Rear articulating perches (I have GC)
        Adjustable Endlinks (Bimmerworld is fine)
        Rear Shock Mounts w/ Reinforcement (I use Vorshlag)
        Thrust sheets or nicer equivalent
        BMW Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates
        Camber Plates (I use Vorshlag)
        Helper Spring (if desired)
        Helper Spring Perch (if desired)
        Rear spring perches
        Springs

I am sure I am missing something. I know that MCS allows for street or track valving setups. I run the heavy Spec E46 spring setup and the ride is better than stock when adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
        [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Working...
        X