EAG Owner Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAG Owner Articles

Not sure if this is the right section for this but.. I just red an article about Eric from EAG.

Is it true?
    Just some old shitty cars.

How sad. Just 39. Life is short but sweet for certain. Be careful out there everybody.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

Comment

A motorcyclist from Cincinnati was pronounced dead at the scene after a crash on West Chester Road late Wednesday evening.

Awful, RIP.

Comment

Oh wow that is so sad. Rest In Peace

Comment

terrible... i wonder what will happen to EAG...

Comment

RIP, I feel terrible for him and his family. 😥
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
              terrible... i wonder what will happen to EAG...
              Not 100% sure but think it's owned by both the older brother Eric (RIP) as well as the younger brother Evan... should he choose to Evan has all the capacity to keep EAG running at the high level they've been operating for year to come.

Comment

Originally posted by BearDeXPS View Post

Not 100% sure but think it's owned by both the older brother Eric (RIP) as well as the younger brother Evan... should he choose to Evan has all the capacity to keep EAG running at the high level t hey've been operating for year to come.
                We certainly hope they had everything sorted out. Depends on if they had a buy-sell agreement and if it was funded. I happen to work in this space and business owners often push these things off because they're busy running the business. I truly hope they, and their advisors, had appropriate plans in place to help the succession planning of both the business and their families.

My thoughts go out to everyone affected and the BMW community. Such a loss

Comment

Originally posted by Cbouts View Post
                  My thoughts go out to [snip] the BMW community. Such a loss
                  Not sure I agree with that sentiment. A large portion of their business model is creating monopolies and then exploiting them. E.g., if you want a not trashed Z3M, EAG is pretty much your only option.

I guess if you think the cars values going up, maybe it's good? But I feel like they largely are market manipulators and make the market worse for most-- particularly people that want to actually use/drive these cars.

I also think they aren't always honest about the conditions of the cars they sell some times-- e.g. they bought an M5 from my brother that had had a large accident ($35,000 repair), and didn't disclose that when they listed the car up.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Not sure I agree with that sentiment. A large portion of their business model is creating monopolies and then exploiting them. E.g., if you want a not trashed Z3M, EAG is pretty much your only option.

I guess if you think the cars values going up, maybe it's good? But I feel like they largely are market manipulators and make the market worse for most-- particularly people that want to actually use/drive these cars.

I also think they aren't always honest about the conditions of the cars they sell some times-- e.g. they bought an M5 from my brother that had had a large accident ($35,000 repair), and didn't disclose that when they listed the car up.
                    You're seriously bringing this garbage into this thread? Regardless of what your (and yes I know there are others) opinion is of the EAG business model, it doesn't take away from the fact that Eric was a tremendous wealth of BMW knowledge, an enthusiast of the marque to the core, a curator and preserver of the most incredible BMW's in the world, and had some of the most incredible connections with people. Beyond that, two very young children are now fatherless. So yes, it's a rather large loss. You're ok with his death...got it. You're fine with how the business will be impacted. Good for you. But at least show some damn compassion for the parents who have lost their son at 39 years old and for the kids have to hear how their dad was killed on a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

You're ok with his death...got it. You're fine with how the business will be impacted. Good for you. But at least show some damn compassion for the parents who have lost their son at 39 years old and for the kids have to hear how their dad was killed on a motorcycle.
                      I don’t think anyone here is celebrating his death like you’re implying. However, there are definitely people who disagree with his “contribution” to the community.

A helmet was found at the scene, but it is unclear whether the victim was wearing it at the time of the crash
                      I’d also be interested to know if he was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

Eric was a tremendous wealth of BMW knowledge, an enthusiast of the marque to the core, a curator and preserver of the most incredible BMW's in the world, and had some of the most incredible connections with people.
                        was he on the forums? i wasn't aware of any contributions he made to the community outside of cornering and controlling the market i mean curating desirable bmws

Comment

By the way some here are making disclaimers about the guy upon news of his death youd think the guy was a murderer or something. Real poor taste
                          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

I cannot believe some are using a man's death as an opportunity to share their negative opinions of his business model. Think what you will about how he sold cars. A man is dead and his family is heartbroken.

Comment

You know every time you swing your leg over a motorcycle, you have higher odds of dying than most any other activity. As a father, I won't ride a motorcycle again (other than maybe puttin' around in the dirt).

I got lucky, in my youth, and can still walk mostly straight. I got back on the horse, but that was long before I was married with a kid.
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                              X