No announcement yet.

EAG Owner Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an r6 back back in the day. These things are no joke, one time of “let’s see what this thing can do” is all it takes.

does anyone know what type of bike he had?
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Hyabusa 😆

600cc is for pussees
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Ha. Modern 600cc super sport is a lot of bike. I’ve seen dudes jump on liter bikes after getting a license, it never ended well.
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          You know every time you swing your leg over a motorcycle, you have higher odds of dying than most any other activity.
          I almost mentioned that, but decided I had burned enough bridges already

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I'm in my late 30's now and I'm itching to get myself another motorcycle, I last had a 2008 Yamaha R1, not quite Hayabusa level but I'd kill you on twisties :P Alas I'm a father and I can't risk it at this age, got too many people relying on me.

Definitely a bad loss for the family, but I don't think it's fair that some are trying to take a higher road by saying others are not acknowledging his passing. He was known for EAG and that's what most will remember him by at large, minus the minority which were personal with him. God speed, lets all be thankful for another day and kiss our parents and/or children.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

You're seriously bringing this garbage into this thread? Regardless of what your (and yes I know there are others) opinion is of the EAG business model, it doesn't take away from the fact that Eric was a tremendous wealth of BMW knowledge, an enthusiast of the marque to the core, a curator and preserver of the most incredible BMW's in the world, and had some of the most incredible connections with people. Beyond that, two very young children are now fatherless. So yes, it's a rather large loss. You're ok with his death...got it. You're fine with how the business will be impacted. Good for you. But at least show some damn compassion for the parents who have lost their son at 39 years old and for the kids have to hear how their dad was killed on a motorcycle.
              I don't think anyone here is celebrating his death. But no one is obligated to celebrate his life or embellish his 'contributions' to the community. Dying while partaking in risky behavior does not make one a saint.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
                I don’t think anyone here is celebrating his death like you’re implying. However, there are definitely people who disagree with his “contribution” to the community.
                Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                was he on the forums? i wasn't aware of any contributions he made to the community outside of cornering and controlling the market i mean curating desirable bmws
                Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                Definitely a bad loss for the family, but I don't think it's fair that some are trying to take a higher road by saying others are not acknowledging his passing. He was known for EAG and that's what most will remember him by at large, minus the minority which were personal with him. God speed, lets all be thankful for another day and kiss our parents and/or children.
                Originally posted by terra View Post
                I don't think anyone here is celebrating his death. But no one is obligated to celebrate his life or embellish his 'contributions' to the community. Dying while partaking in risky behavior does not make one a saint.
                Implying celebration of death? Obligated to celebrate his life? Embellish "contributions"? Make him a saint? That is your guys' spin on all of this? My post was based simply on my interaction and friendship with the guy since I've known him and what I saw and experienced being around him. Nothing more, nothing less. Come on...I don't expect you guys to praise the guy on what he accomplished, put him on any sort of pedestal, or feel the same way I do toward his knowledge, passion, and preservation of the marque. It's pretty clear there are differing opinions about him and the business as evidenced in multiple threads across all forums. I would hope we could all agree that he was passionate about the brand.

But explain to me why in the hell there is a need to come in and shit on the business in a thread like this? Why? What purpose does that serve? What are you trying to prove? You have any number of threads discussing M3 values and thoughts on EAG's "manipulation of the market", but you have come into a thread where people are saying "wow, so sad", "RIP", "I feel terrible for his family", only to add how much you can't stand the business? If you can't see what's wrong with that then there's a larger problem. Eric's death goes beyond EAG and his passion for BMW. Pretty sad when I have to reiterate it's about a human element...about parents losing a child and kids not having a father anymore. The FIRST thing I thought of when I learned of his death was that I lost a friend, how I felt terrible for his kids, and how his family must be feeling. Maybe that's just how I was raised. I was AT EAG picking up my car when I was told of the news. When you have the entire EAG crew standing there and sobbing because of what happened it hits you pretty hard when you know the crew and the owner. Contrary to what some of you may believe, I'm PRETTY sure they're not sobbing because they're questioning what is going to happen to the value of their cars or their clients cars or whether they're going to lose a day manipulating some poor E46 M3 owner who "doesn't know what they have" and then sell for $30K more the next day.

This is about having some common decency. Have some respect for the FAMILIES involved regardless of your personal views of the business or Eric. If you can't have some compassion for the situation and those affected then just STFU and move on. Go continue to shit on the business as you have always done in a thread with like-minded people so you can feel better about yourself. Looks like we got some fathers in here, myself being one. Unless one of us has lost a child, I can't begin to imagine what Eric's parents are feeling. "lets all be thankful for another day and kiss our parents and/or children." Should be a pretty simple concept and hopefully we're emphasizing that with our kids rather than teaching our kids to be heartless, classless, assholes in the future.

Off to tuck in my girls.
                1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

seems like you personally knew the guy, there's probably a lot of emotions to consolidate when something like this happens, but jumping on the forums to defend EAGs ethics (and what that implies about your patronage of them) probably isn't the healthiest thing to do right now

Comment

Dude, relax. Most of us don't know him beyond being a used car salesman and we are not making assumptions about his character.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

Implying celebration of death? Obligated to celebrate his life? Embellish "contributions"? Make him a saint? That is your guys' spin on all of this? My post was based simply on my interaction and friendship with the guy since I've known him and what I saw and experienced being around him. Nothing more, nothing less. Come on...I don't expect you guys to praise the guy on what he accomplished, put him on any sort of pedestal, or feel the same way I do toward his knowledge, passion, and preservation of the marque. It's pretty clear there are differing opinions about him and the business as evidenced in multiple threads across all forums. I would hope we could all agree that he was passionate about the brand.

But explain to me why in the hell there is a need to come in and shit on the business in a thread like this? Why? What purpose does that serve? What are you trying to prove? You have any number of threads discussing M3 values and thoughts on EAG's "manipulation of the market", but you have come into a thread where people are saying "wow, so sad", "RIP", "I feel terrible for his family", only to add how much you can't stand the business? If you can't see what's wrong with that then there's a larger problem. Eric's death goes beyond EAG and his passion for BMW. Pretty sad when I have to reiterate it's about a human element...about parents losing a child and kids not having a father anymore. The FIRST thing I thought of when I learned of his death was that I lost a friend, how I felt terrible for his kids, and how his family must be feeling. Maybe that's just how I was raised. I was AT EAG picking up my car when I was told of the news. When you have the entire EAG crew standing there and sobbing because of what happened it hits you pretty hard when you know the crew and the owner. Contrary to what some of you may believe, I'm PRETTY sure they're not sobbing because they're questioning what is going to happen to the value of their cars or their clients cars or whether they're going to lose a day manipulating some poor E46 M3 owner who "doesn't know what they have" and then sell for $30K more the next day.

This is about having some common decency. Have some respect for the FAMILIES involved regardless of your personal views of the business or Eric. If you can't have some compassion for the situation and those affected then just STFU and move on. Go continue to shit on the business as you have always done in a thread with like-minded people so you can feel better about yourself. Looks like we got some fathers in here, myself being one. Unless one of us has lost a child, I can't begin to imagine what Eric's parents are feeling. "lets all be thankful for another day and kiss our parents and/or children." Should be a pretty simple concept and hopefully we're emphasizing that with our kids rather than teaching our kids to be heartless, classless, assholes in the future.

Off to tuck in my girls.
                      I think you're reading too much into people's statements. His loss is tragic for his friends and loved ones. But as far as being "such a loss" for the BMW community at large... it's just not. And maybe current events have broken some of us, but I personally just don't find myself feeling particularly emphathetic towards those who knowingly partake in needless risky behavior and then end up with the expected result.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                        I think you're reading too much into people's statements. His loss is tragic for his friends and loved ones. But as far as being "such a loss" for the BMW community at large... it's just not. And maybe current events have broken some of us, but I personally just don't find myself feeling particularly emphathetic towards those who knowingly partake in needless risky behavior and then end up with the expected result.
                        You may be right about reading into it too much. I don’t know the details of the accident, but I understand “mess with the bull, get the horns” mindset. If this was the result of stupid behavior, then it’s highly unfortunate. I am not defending EAG’s ethics here and this certainly isn’t the thread for that. I’m really just trying to understand how bashing the business has any correlation to his death. Simply doesn’t seem necessary or relevant. You don’t have to be vocal on the forums to be heard. There’s obviously quite a worldwide BMW community beyond the forums and I know his network was quite extensive...not that it necessarily impacts anyone here.
                        2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                        2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades

Comment

Bummer. Life is a gift, don't take it for granted.

Comment

I hate to see anyone dead at 39… for any reason… especially motorcycles.

I met Eric and Evan after I had my first E46M and was shopping another for a friend… they seemed like nice enough chaps who had built an opportunistic business… but I wouldn’t call them pillars of the BMW community… I personally had learned more from friends who built businesses like theirs earlier in the pre-internet days, before the post-9/11 Fed flooded the streets with loose cash and Cox (AutoTrader and CarFax) made national used car searching a thing… kudos to them for taking advantage of that but besides that they felt like any other high-er quality-ish used car sales and service-ish shop to me… not unlike the father and son shop in NC from which I bought my first M3 (less the whole corner the market on low milers and mark them up +50% shtick)… not crooks but not necessarily monks either… they seemed surprised I wasn’t paying their inflated prices until they figured out it wasn’t my first rodeo.

So those are my thoughts on young motorcycle deaths in general, this one in particular and people’s informed or not opinions of Eric and the business he built.

maw

PS, they did drag the market for these materially higher, and I’m happy to take advantage of their work there.
                            Last edited by maw1124; 09-09-2021, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I was riding a motorcycle as a teenager before I had a car- and consider myself a motorcycle enthusiast first before a car enthusiast to this day. I'm 36 with two kids. I don't know Eric, and I'm not as familiar with EAG as others here, but always sad to hear of a fellow motorcyclist going out that way. It's a numbers game, and I think we all know that. I don't know the circumstances of his crash- but from my own many near crash (and one actual crash) experiences, the odds are greatly in favor of someone else not paying attention rather than a rider pushing beyond their limits (although I don't know his skill). Whatever the case, RIP. Always look twice before changing lanes.

Comment

I had my bikes during my DINK years living in Las Vegas. Started with a Ducati Monster 620 and then got a 2002 MV Agusta Senna for the "fun bike." I feel like I never got my confidence on bikes and I think it was because of the drivers around me. Vegas had some great roads, but damn were there some really bad drivers. I found myself constantly scanning all lanes of traffic anticipating that one driver who will not use their signal and cut into my lane. I could never just enjoy my ride. Sold the bikes and got an '05 AW/Cinn M3 with Dinan Supercharger and other goodies and suddenly my smiles per mile skyrocketed. Guess I'm just not a bike guy. Although admittedly, I'm not sure I've seen anything as gorgeous as that Senna was. Just kind of sad I enjoyed looking at it more than I enjoyed riding it.

But yeah, I don't know the circumstances of Eric's crash. Just know he was the only one involved and I know he was familiar with the road. Don't know what kind of bike he was riding. I'm curious if the helmet that was found came off or if it was just on the bike for the passenger. Speed a factor with a single bike accident? I would assume so, but I'm sure an investigation will reveal more.

Comment

Working...
                                X