Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VinceBar and Skinz - while I am there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

so the 75A is the softest poly fcab AKG has to offer (to my knowledge).

I will say the front is slightly too stiff for my liking, but I’m pretty sure a majority of that comes from the setting on my KWs. Overall I’ve been pleased with the FCABs, will take a look at them once the ohlins are good to go in.
    Poly FCABs all end the same way— failure.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

while you're there, remove seam sealer along the trunk side and back seat near the wheel wells and on the rear wheel wells along the seam. That's where spot welds fail even if you can't see it. Drilll and fill weld, stitch weld if you prefer better rigidity.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post

In addition to the non-sealed joint (although it looks like they offer a boot), they are going to be more difficult to adjust than the bars with the adjustment on the outboard ends (Turner, Ground Control, etc).
        Camber adjustment is made between the round bar and the clevis (at the wheel end) using a stainless steel jack screw.

The rod end is tucked into the subframe and not exposed to much road grime at all however, the boots are available to seal the bearing just like an OEM ball joint.

For those with non-raising bushings and are running quite low these arms offer positive adjustment beyond stock arms as well as negative adjustment well beyond stock to.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieE46M3 View Post

Camber adjustment is made between the round bar and the clevis (at the wheel end) using a stainless steel jack screw.
          Ah, got it. I saw the hex on the inboard end and thought it was a lock nut. I'll edit my response. 👍
          2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Another maintenance item is the e brake cables. A bit easier with the subframe dropped. SuperPro makes an offset upper inner control arm bushing that you can correct/add/adjust about 1 deg of rear camber.

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by 90mtx View Post
              Another maintenance item is the e brake cables. A bit easier with the subframe dropped. SuperPro makes an offset upper inner control arm bushing that you can correct/add/adjust about 1 deg of rear camber.

Jonathan
              E brake cables - good thinking. Thanks.

Jesse
              Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Is an OEM rubber bushing the way to go on the inner end of the upper rear control arm?

Jesse
                Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
                  Is an OEM rubber bushing the way to go on the inner end of the upper rear control arm?

Jesse
                  Yep. There's bearing options however, they are about x10 the price and yield not hugely significant gains. It's a small bush so I'd be surprised if poly would make any difference but, does runthe risk of squeaking.

The upper control arm experiences about half the force the lower arm does so removing rubber in favour of bearing/ball joints on the lower arm will yield more gains in terms of geometry consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieE46M3 View Post

Yep. There's bearing options however, they are about x10 the price and yield not hugely significant gains. It's a small bush so I'd be surprised if poly would make any difference but, does runthe risk of squeaking.

The upper control arm experiences about half the force the lower arm does so removing rubber in favour of bearing/ball joints on the lower arm will yield more gains in terms of geometry consistency.
                    What bearing options are there for that one, that's the only one I've not seen readily as most shops say don't bother.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

What bearing options are there for that one, that's the only one I've not seen readily as most shops say don't bother.
                      Turner offers them.
                      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

I should have specified I don't want any turner, vac or bimmerworld stuff.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                          I should have specified I don't want any turner, vac or bimmerworld stuff.
                          My advice to everyone bar a 10/10th's track car is don't bother either. They all use spherical bearings that are fairly small to fit within a housing within the arm so they will be a service item.

As I said above, go for a bearing mounted lower arm. You'll yield more than double the gains to an upper inner bearing as the lower arm experiences double the force and has a larger rubber bush that has more room for flex.

It's the only piece of rubber I suggest leaving in the rear suspension.

Comment

Too late for my build, I went with Turner Rear Camber Arms, when I get under there I suppose I'll realize how much of a pain they are.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                              Too late for my build, I went with Turner Rear Camber Arms, when I get under there I suppose I'll realize how much of a pain they are.
                              He's saying go with what you went with, wording is a bit confusing how you read it. I got spherical bearing lower arms I will be installing zero fucks about dirt since I won't be driving in the rain.

Comment

How about the pinion and diff output seals? The output seals were replaced by the PO in 2015. None of them are leaking now.

Jesse
                                Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                                X