Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric steering conversion, anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post

I don’t found good place in my M3 anymore for the A class steering pump with karbonius airbox, so I reinstalled the normal PS-Pump after karbonius install.

Maybe you have a photo from one installed with CSL/karbonius airbox?
    Right here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot-20210915-152342-com-whatsapp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	126719

Comment

Originally posted by bjz! View Post

Right here.
      Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot-20210915-152342-com-whatsapp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	126719
      How is the powering steering feel with this pump?

Comment

Mercedes Clase A electric steering, pretty common here in Europe.
        Planning this for Winter 2022-2023 as soon as I can figure out where to install the electric Benz pump.

Feff

MVP Track Time

Comment

Right here.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot-20210915-152342-com-whatsapp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	126719
          anyone know of a US model with a reliable & small power steering pump that we can use?

what does everyone that switched to electric pump do with the space or belt route?

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Theoretically this would be doable with e85 Z4 non-M parts.
            Honest Assembly Garage out of Denver did it in their S55 swapped E30 M3. I'm pretty sure Cory used a Z4 non-m rack and a Prius electric motor attached to the steering column under the dash.

Comment

Working...
            X