Question about the archaic Dension Ice Link [need help]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the archaic Dension Ice Link [need help]

Yesterday my business CD stoped recognizing an Aux input and I think the culprit is the old iPhone connector pinched between the seat rails /mechanism and broke. I've had this old Dension Ice Link for 6 years now and it was already discontinued when I set it up all those years ago. I really like how clean and how OEM it keeps everything so I would like to keep it (plus it was a pain in the ass to instal). Does anyone know if I can find and use a generic 8pin to maybe aux adapter or something like that or if I have to buy an old Dension kit off Ebay for a different car and just use that 1 cord?

Thanks!

I might have one in the box with old electronic junk somewhere. Which cable do you need? I'll take a look.
    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Same here, post pic of what you need. Although mine was a very early model I bought from Tom direct.
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I'll probably see Tom next week I can ask him lmao.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
          I might have one in the box with old electronic junk somewhere. Which cable do you need? I'll take a look.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Dension1.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	127102
          So I believe that this is what is broken here. It got caught between the rails on the passenger seat. When I press CD on the radio it says no disk and returns to the radio functions when it should recognize an aux input and read "AUX". It's a maybe 4 foot cable that runs to an 8 pin male connector
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Dension2.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	127103
          Thank you so much for all the help!

Comment

Also if you want something more convenient a forum member here has developed a product many of us have ordered which streams quality bluetooth media with integration to the display for our cars

A fully integrated Bluetooth module for your vintage BMW
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
              Same here, post pic of what you need. Although mine was a very early model I bought from Tom direct.
              I posted pictures above, thank you! That's awesome, I bought mine back in 2016 off someone on the m3fourm.net. The massive amount of information from all of those forum posts that can no longer be accessed and is lost is such a shame. It still upsets me to this day

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                Also if you want something more convenient a forum member here has developed a product many of us have ordered which streams quality bluetooth media with integration to the display for our cars

https://www.bluebus.dev
                Aaahhhh thank you! If I can't figure out how to get mine working I will 100% buy that. Looks like a great product.

Comment

Working...
                X