Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU Tune of VF SC Stage 1

Hey gents,

I will have a S54 VF Stage 1 kit available for sale this upcoming week. I'm looking to learn more about the tuning options for a 2nd hand purchase.

How should I go about flashing the car back to stock?
    How should the buyer of the kit tune his car?

Things are a bit different in E9X world for tuning with VIN locked flashes. I know the E46 has open source flashing readily availably and looking for a 101 class on this.

Thanks!

----

Yes, I bought an E46 M3.

Use bmwflasher to read out the tune or mssflasher for full backup. If you want, you can give the tune/readout here to the community (and/or the buyer to flash his own ecu). Because I have not seen a supercharger tune postet here. Personally I really would like to take a look in a supercharger tune! (like the stock one‘s that comes from ESS or VF with the kit or a tuned one)
    …under construction.

Comment

WinKFP to flash back to stock.

Flashing with WinKFP: http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12750
      Zb number reference: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...me-information

​​​​​​For the supercharged tune, you can either grab the current tune on the car and give it to the buyer, like mentioned above, or get a tuner to make you a tune. Hassan seems popular around here for FI cars.

Just make sure that the DME versions are compatible between the two cars if you're going to be giving your tune to the buyer.

This is a good resource for learning about the software versions a DME families and all that: https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Guys, thanks a bunch! I've had a few PMs as well with in-depth information. I appreciate you all taking the time for this.

I'm picking up the E46 M3 in 3 hours, I'm excited as hell.

I'll post up more information this week. It's a 2003 Phoenix Yellow 6spd, Leather & M Tech Cloth Interior.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like dakar

edit: saw on ig, looks like PY from behind. Very interesting how dakar like it looks above. Tho I think the mirrors pook py on top. Funny. Great color, congrats.
          Last edited by Tbonem3; 10-11-2021, 07:41 PM.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Looks like dakar
            I'll take more pics - I found it in the middle of no where up North of the province.

Comment

What are you looking to get for the supercharger?

Comment

VF tune is utterly worthless, post it but the new buyer should bin it and have a custom dyno tune

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                  VF tune is utterly worthless, post it but the new buyer should bin it and have a custom dyno tune
                  This is (sadly) correct.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                    I hear you, just drove it last night. I'd say it's current M3 V8 fast. My friend in my V10 M5 would absolutely stump on me.

Comment

It’s not unusual for VF supercharger owners to gain 50+ whp from just a tune. It’s a product from before people really knew how to tune this ecu.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                        It’s not unusual for VF supercharger owners to gain 50+ whp from just a tune. It’s a product from before people really knew how to tune this ecu.
                        I believe it. I'll extract the VF file and share. Some brighter tuning minds than mine could hopefully comment.

Comment

Working...
                        X