BMW M3 E46 | 5.0 V10 DCT | 100-300KM/H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M3 E46 | 5.0 V10 DCT | 100-300KM/H

GET Dragy 10Hz GPS at our store https://ignitioncollection.com/dragyCAR by Pro Car Zwolle https://www.autoserviceprocar.nl/Subscribe to be the first to see n...

Makes me miss my 219M's. I personally would've put a S65 + DCT but I know the V10 is its own animal.

That doesn't sound terrible

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      That doesn't sound terrible
      if youddidn't tell the rasp haters its an s85 they would probably disagree lol
      Last edited by lemoose; 10-12-2021, 04:20 PM.
      2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

what would a build like this cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Cbouts View Post
          It’s not just the price, it’s what you’re willing to give up. Steering feel, weight distribution, climate control, DSC, street legality, etc— none of these are givens.

Probably ~$50,000 if you want none of them, $100,000 if you want all of them 😜

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post

Makes me miss my 219M's.
            Looks like he has 260M's on the back and 219M's on the front. 260Ms being the nicer of the two in my opinion, though I'm biased

Comment

Originally posted by Cbouts View Post
              About $50k to start.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I've been watching the builder (there's not much content), his YT is https://www.youtube.com/user/emanuellemad

Focus is the DCT gearbox and the videos suggest its the toughest part of the conversion.
                '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

if youddidn't tell the rasp haters its an s85 they would probably disagree lol
                  This is exactly right and I was going to post something similar. Most engines have some sort of rasp when the exhaust is opened up but it's ok on other engines

To be honest I'm not even impressed, the car doesn't appear as fast as it theoretically should so I was a bit disappointed. It makes no sense that someone would remove one of the best engines ever
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Wow. Just wow. I personally love it. Rasp and all!
                    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

hoping one day soon there will be a DCT kit available to purchase for our s54 engine ..

from what i read, the GCU solution is still unstable... and all those wiring/soldering looks a bit troublesome and error risky :P ..

Hardware wise looks pretty straightforward with adapter plate already being made available ..

Comment

man you really gotta love this chassis and that engine to do this. to think you could have an entire GT3, and do this instead is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

It’s not just the price, it’s what you’re willing to give up. Steering feel, weight distribution, climate control, DSC, street legality, etc— none of these are givens.

Probably ~$50,000 if you want none of them, $100,000 if you want all of them 😜
                          Budget is on point... as you know, lol

You don't build this car for any other reason than the love of the car and the engine... there is 0 reason otherwise hahaha

Attached Files
                          '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

I really want to drop an S85 in a 128 and make it a clone 1M. Then straight pipe!

Comment

Is that the E90 GTS wing? Kinda digging that look actually.
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                              X