CSL Sway Bar on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Sway Bar on sale

Just thought I’d mention for those interested. Saw this on clearance now at FCP Euro.
    Says CSL front swaybar on clearance sale for $212 until gone.
    *I am not affiliated, nor have this, or confirmed all details but it looks like a good deal if shipping is free too.
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ne-31352282655

This may not be for everyone. But for those who were already looking to buy it’s worth posting. They also have a kit with bushings and brackets.
    Last edited by old///MFanatic; 10-16-2021, 11:30 AM.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Good deal, didn't know they had vne version.

I was planning on doing csl sway bars too.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I did notice it’s not listed as European BMW.
      But lists as OE so normally FCP says that means it’s the original manufacturer of that part for BMW without logo. So it should be hollow and lightweight too. Although I would confirm.
      Getbmwparts lists for $353 plus shipping.
      ECS $408
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

VNE is just a reseller.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

are we confident this is a hollow, lightweight, identical bar to the CSL? I haven't paid much attention to swaybar options, and I know bars ideally would be matched with your suspension and tire setup, but is this generally accepted as the best bar available?

I'm a sucker for a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post
            are we confident this is a hollow, lightweight, identical bar to the CSL? I haven't paid much attention to swaybar options, and I know bars ideally would be matched with your suspension and tire setup, but is this generally accepted as the best bar available?

I'm a sucker for a deal.
            There is no best with sways, There's hollow vs not hollow (weight) and well matched to the rest of your setup or not. Run the numbers on the spread sheet if you want to see if it's good for your car/suspension.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

"it depends," I get it.

You're never really going to get an ideal bar, as they're not infinitely variable. The suspension on the other hand basically is through alignment, ride height, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                VNE is just a reseller.
                yup those TPS's that are VNE are OEM parts with the logo scratched off.

Comment

IMO, Hotchkis front bar, the only other hollow afaik, is a better deal at $250 as you get bushings/lube and you get 3 choices for increased spring rate.

Comment

IMO, Hotchkis front bar, the only other hollow afaik, is a better deal at $250 as you get bushings/lube and you get 3 choices for increased spring rate.
                    GC front bar is also hollow.

... and I think the TMS bar?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Def not the TMS (H&R) bar or whiteline or any other sub $300 that I can think of. GC is good with infinite (basically) adjustment, but I was trying to stay close to the $210 price of the CSL bar on clearance. Basically, why I wouldn't bother getting this "deal"? Because the hotchkis exists.

Comment

Def not the TMS (H&R) bar or whiteline or any other sub $300 that I can think of. GC is good with infinite (basically) adjustment, but I was trying to stay close to the $210 price of the CSL bar on clearance. Basically, why I wouldn't bother getting this "deal"? Because the hotchkis exists.
                        Might be worth factoring in the price of adjustable end links, assuming other bars come with them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I don't see those at $250 anywhere ... more like $300. Maybe it was cheaper back in the day.

Anyway thanks OP, grabbed one of these. "The spreadsheet" says that this bar will put me right into neutral territory (71%). Bushings seem hard to find, best I can do is Schmiedmann for $70 including freight so keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Might be worth factoring in the price of adjustable end links, assuming other bars come with them.
                            Fair enough point, though most don't need adjustable endlinks.

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

I don't see those at $250 anywhere ... more like $300. Maybe it was cheaper back in the day.

Anyway thanks OP, grabbed one of these. "The spreadsheet" says that this bar will put me right into neutral territory (71%). Bushings seem hard to find, best I can do is Schmiedmann for $70 including freight so keep that in mind.
                            https://rcagarage.com/shop/suspensio...waybar-22826f/ They even seem to have a 5% deal on top, so $239 not $251.
                            Last edited by Tbonem3; 10-13-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

^fair enough, I didn’t look that hard

Comment

Working...
                              X