Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VinceBar installation videos and celebratory discount

Today I’m happy to announce two pieces of exciting information 😊

Firstly I’ve just completed an installation video of a simplified design epoxy/rivet-in VinceBar kit in a Touring. There’s more on the video further down in phis post, but here are two screenshots

Secondly the Practical Performance Facebook page www.Facebook.com/pprndnews just hit 1000 followers! This means that the 10% offer (as described in this post https://www.facebook.com/72205743465...597522472/?d=n) is now live.

Please note that this discount offer is valid during the month of October and limited to just 10 simplified design VinceBar kits. Your choice of the weld-in or epoxy/rivet-in version.

EDIT: I’ve also decided to apply the discount to the tooling kit (when ordered with a simplified VinceBar kit) and shipping.
    This makes the discounted total for the VinceBar kit, tooling kit and shipping just 780 USD!

Back to the installation video.

For simplicity of viewing I split it into the three following parts:
    • Part 1 includes hole cutting and preparation for the front gusset cups.

• Part 2 includes hole cutting and preparation for the rear bar as well as surface preparation and epoxy bonding and riveting of the rear bar.

• Part 3 includes the finishing preparation touches, and the final installation, of the front gusset cups.

This means that if you are installing just the front gusset cups you could watch just parts 1 and 3.

I do however recommend also watching the last 1/3 of part 2 as there is some suface prepping and gluing/riveting information that is helpful for the front gusset cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VinceSE2; 10-15-2021, 01:45 PM.

This is great thank you Vince! I was starting to do my research to tackle this next step!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post
      This is great thank you Vince! I was starting to do my research to tackle this next step!
      Excellent timing 👍
      Please let me know if there are any areas you feel need more clarification once you get there

Comment

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to push me to install the thing. With winter comming that's going to be my main project.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Great video Vince, I've been watching the original ones and I feel confident, this just makes it better.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
            Great video Vince, I've been watching the original ones and I feel confident, this just makes it better.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
            Excellent, I’m happy to hear that 👍
            It’s really not that difficult, just take your time, keep it nice and tidy/clean, and do the preparation carefully and it’s straight forward.

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
            Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to push me to install the thing. With winter comming that's going to be my main project.
            Perfect, have fun sir! 👍

Comment

For part 3, the video link is the same part 2.

Thanks for posting these videos!

Comment

Originally posted by RawS54 View Post
                For part 3, the video link is the same part 2.

Thanks for posting these videos!
                Thanks for letting me know, fixed it now 👍

Comment

This is great Vince!

Comment

Hey Vince,

After watching the videos, I have a few questions --

1. Right here: https://youtu.be/F_h1B_6ERNY?t=190 You mention welding the covering plate. Are we supposed to lay a bead around the perimeter?
                    2. Do you recommend VinceSkinz / Any plates even if there are no cracks present? My 325iT, like most "Station Wagons" here in the U.S., was driven predominately by old people, so I seriously doubt there are any failures present.
                    3. Are we to epoxy the gusset cups in place for both the weld AND rivet method?

Thanks!
                    -Ted
                    Last edited by t3ddftw; 10-27-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
                      Hey Vince,

After watching the videos, I have a few questions --

1. Right here: https://youtu.be/F_h1B_6ERNY?t=190 You mention welding the covering plate. Are we supposed to lay a bead around the perimeter?
                      2. Do you recommend VinceSkinz / Any plates even if there are no cracks present? My 325iT, like most "Station Wagons" here in the U.S., predominately by old people, so I seriously doubt there are any failures present.
                      3. Are we to epoxy the gusset cups in place for both the weld AND rivet method?

Thanks!
                      -Ted
                      Hi Ted!

There are two versions/installation methods. Either epoxy/rivet, OR weld. Never a combination.

The video you are referring to above is a sort of walk through video in which I’m explaining the concept of the VinceBar kit. And in doing so I’m talking about some of the installation aspects of both the epoxy/rivet AND the weld installations.

In these videos https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...gf2PDXswy7qyl6
                      i more specifically go into the installation of the epoxy/rivet version.

Would you be doing the epoxy/rivet or weld installation?

If there’s TRULY no cracks or popped spot welds or separations I guess you could get away with no underside plating or VinceSkinz.

But the pre Februari 2000 built RACPs almost always have the left rear mount coming out, and the later ones have the typical hairline crack. And then there’s the buckled/dented and cracked front right…

Have a look at this post (be patient as it’s archived so it loads really slowly)

NO. Either epoxy/river OR weld

I hope that cleared up your questions

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                        This is great Vince!
                        Thanks Ejaz!

If there’s anyone on the fence, there’s one kit out of the 10 discounted ones left to go.

It’s 10% off of the VinceBar kit, the tooling kit AND the shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceSE2 View Post
                          NO. Either epoxy/river OR weld
                          Thanks, Vince! I would be looking to have it welded in, especially as I have a Touring and will need a welder to fix up the mounting bracket for the seat bottom (the one you showed in the first video).

Weld OR epoxy totally clears it up.

For the weld method, the covering plate that goes over the top side MIG welds gets welded in, but what purpose does it serve? Just so that bar sits flush with the chassis? Sorry, that covering plate is the only thing I'm really unclear on, and I'm sorry if I missed its purpose in the video

Thanks again!
                          -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Thanks, Vince! I would be looking to have it welded in, especially as I have a Touring and will need a welder to fix up the mounting bracket for the seat bottom (the one you showed in the first video).

Weld OR epoxy totally clears it up.

For the weld method, the covering plate that goes over the top side MIG welds gets welded in, but what purpose does it serve? Just so that bar sits flush with the chassis? Sorry, that covering plate is the only thing I'm really unclear on, and I'm sorry if I missed its purpose in the video

Thanks again!
                            -Ted
                            If you are talking about the ”patch plate” (in the epoxy/rivet version) that is epoxied on top of the cut and flattened upside down T, that patch plate is not present in the weld-in version. When welding you would weld the slots and grind it flat.

That’s what I was trying to say in the video you originally referred to.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceSE2 View Post

If you are talking about the ”patch plate” (in the epoxy/rivet version) that is epoxied on top of the cut and flattened upside down T, that patch plate is not present in the weld-in version. When welding you would weld the slots and grind it flat.

That’s what I was trying to say in the video you originally referred to.

OH, you're trying to strengthen those welds after flattening them. Now I understand!

Thanks again, Vince!
                              -Ted

Comment

Working...
                              X