VinceBar installation videos and celebratory discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

OH, you're trying to strengthen those welds after flattening them. Now I understand!

Thanks again, Vince!
    -Ted
    Well not the welds really. It’s the formed upside down “T” that needs to be flattened to make room for the bar, and to have the bar sit flush against the subframe mounts. And in order to flatten the T you need to cut slots in it.

Here’s what it looks like before flattering it and grinding down the three MIG welds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Question about adhesives:

Just got my epoxy/rivet kit delivered. I'm looking for the recommended Araldite 2014 adhesive, but it's tricky to find in stock. I'd rather not wait for a 100 day lead time, so are there other acceptable adhesives out there? I've found that some installers have used 3M 07333. 3M 38315 looks like it would do the job with a longer working time than 07333 and it's available in a smaller size container. 3M 08115 is a popular result on the web for automotive applications.

Edit: I’m editing this a lot as I do more research. Hoping it helps someone else in the future.

Henkel/Loctite EA E-30UT also looks like a pretty comparable product.

3M has a product selector here: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...-adhesives.pdf

This suggests Scotch Weld DP460NS. Comparable shear strength to Araldite, nice working time, no sag. I also found 760 somewhere with even better temperature properties but it seems to be discontinued.

I know I’m probably overthinking this but I want to make sure I get a good product.
      Last edited by nahvkolaj; 11-03-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I just finished my VinceBar Epoxy/Rivet kit and I too ran into the "backorder" issue with Araldite, so I scoured for information.

I ended up going with 3M 08115 including their applicator gun and it came out perfect. Actually bought two tubes and only one was needed in the end.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

The Araldite 2013 is similar to the 2014, with the only real difference being the 2014 will tolerate more heat. Likely not an issue when used on the VinceBar.

The 2015 is not quite as strong as the 2013 or 2014, but will handle much more heat than the 2013 (but not as much as the 2014).
          Last edited by D-O; 11-04-2021, 06:11 PM.
          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
          X