Clear All

Fair market value? + Insurance question

what is a fair market value for-
    four owner / garaged kept entire life, cali-oklahoma car
    114K miles
    2001 M3 Coupe with original 6 speed
    Jet Black exterior, Black interior, non-heated, non power seats
    all factory options inc sunroof, Nav(4:3), premium audio, pdc
    clean title, no wrecks, no stories, all original paint minus front bumper respray due to rock chips, and csl trunk.

Mods:
    Eventuri Intake
    Megan headers, SAP delete
    HTE Tune (~320whp)
    Dinan engine strut bar
    Eisenmann Race w/ LeMans tips section 3
    OEM Italian alcantara wrapped tri-stitch steering wheel
    Illuminated F10 M5 Shift Knob
    OEM 330d Short Shift Kit
    OEM CSL Trunk pained Jet Black w/ keyhole detele and OEM LED licence lights
    TC Kline Single adjustable coilovers with Koni yellow shocks
    Angel Eye Guy opaque switchback halos
    OG Volk CE28's in E46 M3 fitment, gloss black
    Stoptech ST40 Front BBK
    LED taillights
    1x1 carbon fiber interior trim
    Stud conversion w/ real titanium lugnuts

Maintenance:
    Rods @ 72k
    Subframe @90k (lang racing) Beisan Vanos @90k (lang racing)
    RTABS, FCAB, Diff service, AKG bushings
    Drives and belts, valve adjustment, alternator, spark plugs and coil packs, brake pads, transmission fluid, brake fluid all recently serviced.
    5 Year paint correction and ceramic coating

Probably missing some stuff and some other maintenance info. I have all documentation, oil change receipts with LM every 3k miles, as well as two black stone reports from the last changes. Car is turn key, have had no major issues in the 10k miles I have owned it. Interior 9/10, exterior 9.5/10. I'm thinking around 32k. Lets hear your take.

Next question begs insurance. Say with this crazy market right now, the car is worth that asking. Insurance would never pay that out in a worst case scenario. Should I consider switching to hagarty? Currently paying ~$80/m for full coverage insurance through state farm. Would love to hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by campful; 10-14-2021, 09:16 AM.

anywhere between high teens to high twenties- 32k is a stretch absolutely best imaginable case scenario. non-OE(M) mod's are rarely considered upgrades to subsequent owners so I wouldn't count on these affecting the value much at all.
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Ya only desirable mod to me is the OE CSL boot. I'd say $25k since it does have mods and maint. It's still a pre face lift jet black that's not slick top or cinn int or other "cool" option.

You should sell the wheels, bbk and muffler, if not other mods, separately.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        Ya only desirable mod to me is the OE CSL boot. I'd say $25k since it does have mods and maint. It's still a pre face lift jet black that's not slick top or cinn int or other "cool" option.

You should sell the wheels, bbk and muffler, if not other mods, separately.
        Thanks for the input!

Comment

$23-25k. You can pile up the mod value to insure them at some level - but the car won't sell at that value.

Comment

Yes absolutely, is the answer to your question. Look at the way you've taken detailed inventory of everything. With any major accident, your $80/mo policy wouldn't even knowledge your list and reply back "we're sending you a check for $15,000" (to make up a number but rest-assured it would be disappointing).

Not to be chicken-little here, but I wouldn't drive it again until you switched. You are currently exposed to a large financial risk and don't let anyone else downplay it.
            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
              Yes absolutely, is the answer to your question. Look at the way you've taken detailed inventory of everything. With any major accident, your $80/mo policy wouldn't even knowledge your list and reply back "we're sending you a check for $15,000" (to make up a number but rest-assured it would be disappointing).

Not to be chicken-little here, but I wouldn't drive it again until you switched. You are currently exposed to a large financial risk and don't let anyone else downplay it.
              Definitely food for thought. I appreciate everyone's responses thusfar. 32k was a spitball number based on some prices I've been seeing. Don't plan on selling the car anytime soon but always good to gauge where the market and potential buyers are at. I'm going to look into Hagarty or Grundy insurance asap and see about switching. Would love to get a valuation in the high 20's then.

Comment

When did you buy it and what did you pay for it?
                '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                  When did you buy it and what did you pay for it?
                  Out of Cali, 4 years ago almost. 18k.

Comment

+1 switch to Hagerty. Just pick an amount you think it's worth and they'll quote you on it. If you don't want to pay that much, lower your agreed value.

Comment

Originally posted by TravL350 View Post
                      +1 switch to Hagerty. Just pick an amount you think it's worth and they'll quote you on it. If you don't want to pay that much, lower your agreed value.
                      Didn't realize it was that easy. Thanks! Any mileage restrictions?

Comment

Originally posted by campful View Post

Didn't realize it was that easy. Thanks! Any mileage restrictions?
                        Typically yes, there are policies without mileage restrictions but you pay higher premiums.

Also you are required to have a daily driver that is newer then the vehicle you are insuring. You also must garage your vehicle.

Comment

I reach out to American Collectors and they wanted to give me $30k value I found a few comps and got it at $40k. You can get the value if you find similar comps. I paid around $1k for a full year w/ 5k miles allowance (probably will lower the mileage next yr to 2.5k). Like the previous reply, most will require a newer daily and car will need to be garaged.
                          06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Hagerty is the best. And I would say $30k stated value.

Comment

Grundy was a fraction of the Hagerty price for me.
                              E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Working...
                              X