Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geba water pump VS OE BMW pump

Hi everyone,
    just wanted to share my experience with the Geba water pump.

The pump looked very identical to the OE BMW pump except for the metal impeller. Pump fit and finish was good nothing to complain about there. The pump worked great for the first few days, about a week or so later I was in heavy traffic with the ac on and noticed the coolant gauge would occasionally pass the middle and occasionally reach the dot in between the middle and the red. Interestingly the coolant temp would come down when I wound increase RPMs to about 2k and above, I made sure the coolant was properly bled and preformed another coolant flush with a vacuum pump, this lead me to believe that the Geba pump was not flowing well. I swapped it out with an original BMW pump and problem was solved. I guess this goes to prove that the original pump flows better.
    Last edited by BOOSTED; 10-15-2021, 06:56 PM.

When it comes to parts, 9 times out of 10 original bmw is best (or if oe replacement is identical).
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I was tempted by the $100 pumps on FCP and did a bunch of research beforehand. Read LOTS of cases of this exact thing. Ended up biting the bullet and going with OEM also.

Comment

Buy OE and forget about it. Doing it twice will cost you time or money, or both.
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Yep this is one of the things where you want the genuine BMW part.

I had the geba on my car and it flowed fine. However, it started leaking around the axle after something like 12k mi. Switched to the BMW one and all is good now.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
          X