Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
    Sounds like a loose bolt.

Not trying to be a dick but never a good idea to go on track with a suspension noise. Especially higher speed tracks like VIR.
    No disagreement.

Of course Now that the car is home the clunk is gone.

While at the track Checked all suspension components that could get to without taking it apart and all seemed tight. Also had the track side support folks look at it and they found no issues. It was also tech’d by the only mechanic i trust with the car before the event.

If it was a loose bolt why would it only appear when the car is hot off the track?

Comment

Could be a bad outer ball joint, axle CV, shock or shock mount?

Loose top nut on the shock? Bent brake splash shield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

No disagreement.

Of course Now that the car is home the clunk is gone.

While at the track Checked all suspension components that could get to without taking it apart and all seemed tight. Also had the track side support folks look at it and they found no issues. It was also tech’d by the only mechanic i trust with the car before the event.

If it was a loose bolt why would it only appear when the car is hot off the track?
        Were you working the curbs a fair amount?

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post

Were you working the curbs a fair amount?
          Only on the lower esses. Was taking it very tame in the high speed esses but did hit them maybe 4-5 times over the whole weekend.

Comment

I got car in the air. I don’t think the inner GC camber arm bearing looks happy.

Comment

Wow. So glad nothing sheared and the car (and more importantly you) didn't get bent. I guess that explains the loose rear!
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                Wow. So glad nothing sheared and the car (and more importantly you) didn't get bent. I guess that explains the loose rear!
                Me too! Now just need to source the replacement bearings!

Comment

Working...
                X