CSL's in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL's in the US

I've heard of about 4 or 5 OEM Csl's in the states. Does anyone know one of the owners personally and could get me in touch with them? Curious on importations and I'm willing to sign NDA's.

Well primarily most of them are not here fully federalized and legal.

I know of one through a client, that's from PR but it spends time in Miami.

25 years is still a thing.

We're at 18.

The move now is to buy one and store it until you can bring it over.
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
      Well primarily most of them are not here fully federalized and legal.

I know of one through a client, that's from PR but it spends time in Miami.

25 years is still a thing.

We're at 18.

The move now is to buy one and store it until you can bring it over.
      I believe that people might be able to get one in via the "exceptionally similar" clause. thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by PurelliCondoms View Post

I believe that people might be able to get one in via the "exceptionally similar" clause. thoughts?
        That's a very silver grey area (hehe)

The ones that are here most of them came from Canada or Japan. I know of one from Germany but it's literally just being stored until it can be federally legalized.

I've also driven a few CSLs, and even though they're pretty cool, they're not worth the extra effort and expense when you can literally build the car cheaper.

The window on CSLs and really any M car of that vintage is kinda over. Even if you found one in Germany with miles on it etc, you'd still be out over 100k USD.

The CSL is not a 100k USD experience, I will tell you that point blank. If it's your dream car, sure go for it, but it's still just an E46 M3 which you already own.
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

FK CSL H8R
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The ones that are here most of them came from Canada or Japan. I know of one from Germany but it's literally just being stored until it can be federally legalized.

I've also driven a few CSLs, and even though they're pretty cool, they're not worth the extra effort and expense when you can literally build the car cheaper.

The window on CSLs and really any M car of that vintage is kinda over. Even if you found one in Germany with miles on it etc, you'd still be out over 100k USD.

The CSL is not a 100k USD experience, I will tell you that point blank. If it's your dream car, sure go for it, but it's still just an E46 M3 which you already own.
            Watched 3 sell for under 65k Euros within the last 2 months. They are too far out for most people to sit on. If you’re a millionaire sure, but most people I've talked to are more focused on getting E36 GTs into the country atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicktop View Post

Watched 3 sell for under 65k Euros within the last 2 months. They are too far out for most people to sit on. If you’re a millionaire sure, but most people I've talked to are more focused on getting E36 GTs into the country atm.
              Links? Everything I’ve seen has been at a minimum of €75k. I haven’t seen anything in the 60s in quite some time. Would love to know where these are being sold.
              1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
              2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
              2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
              2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
              2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
              2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

I'm starting to feel that way about e46 m3s in general. One in 5/10 shape with subframe done is at least 16-17k. Mods, other big 3. You're upwards of 25+. Maybe I'm frugal, but, spending that much on a 20 year old car makes me cringe. I'm like 18 in so far with subframe, rod bearings, suspension rebuild and upgrades and track equipment. I still cringe a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

Links? Everything I’ve seen has been at a minimum of €75k. I haven’t seen anything in the 60s in quite some time. Would love to know where these are being sold.
                  Side bar to answer OPs question: https://bringatrailer.com/2011/06/04...03-bmw-m3-csl/

This was recent in that price range: https://www.beforward.jp/bmw/m3/bf660847/id/785565/

These guys know the market the best however :https://www.munichlegends.co.uk/bmw-...r-bmw-for-sale

Also these cars have been negotiated down from asking:

Lust auf Auto? Über 90'000 Autos. Finde Deins! Occasion Auto kaufen & verkaufen in der Schweiz. AUTOLINA findet Dein Wunschauto, ob Auto Occasionen oder Neuwagen!

Lust auf Auto? Über 90'000 Autos. Finde Deins! Occasion Auto kaufen & verkaufen in der Schweiz. AUTOLINA findet Dein Wunschauto, ob Auto Occasionen oder Neuwagen!

I should have saved the listings I initially thought of but they have been purged. That Japan car though should have been 7.4 Million Yen

Comment

Originally posted by Slicktop View Post

Side bar to answer OPs question: https://bringatrailer.com/2011/06/04...03-bmw-m3-csl/

This was recent in that price range: https://www.beforward.jp/bmw/m3/bf660847/id/785565/

These guys know the market the best however :https://www.munichlegends.co.uk/bmw-...r-bmw-for-sale

Also these cars have been negotiated down from asking:

I should have saved the listings I initially thought of but they have been purged. That Japan car though should have been 7.4 Million Yen
                    Didn't think about the Japanese market. I typically look in the EU so those Japanese cars may be in the 60s. I'd be shocked if those Swiss cars get negotiated from $78K down to the 60s, but maybe they do. Munich Legends definitely gets some great examples of so many BMW's. What's crazy is what the RHD market has done. I remember when CSL's seemed like they were 30%-40% cheaper than LHD counterparts. Now, RHD cars have completely skyrocketed. On top of that, people are converting RHD to LHD and importing into LHD countries. Wild stuff.
                    1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                    2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                    2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                    2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                    2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                    2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post

Didn't think about the Japanese market. I typically look in the EU so those Japanese cars may be in the 60s. I'd be shocked if those Swiss cars get negotiated from $78K down to the 60s, but maybe they do. Munich Legends definitely gets some great examples of so many BMW's. What's crazy is what the RHD market has done. I remember when CSL's seemed like they were 30%-40% cheaper than LHD counterparts. Now, RHD cars have completely skyrocketed. On top of that, people are converting RHD to LHD and importing into LHD countries. Wild stuff.
                      Yeah there is a place in Maryland that will do conversions mainly for million dollar cars from RHD to LHD for Show and Display but I heard awhile ago they would do CSLs for their clients too

Comment

For 100k I could just put that into my current E46 and make a better CSL. Oh wait already there... 🤣
                        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

The CSL is the one time I'm going to own a collector's car and it will be driven just enough to prevent rot. Of course I will have to resign from this forum since my excrement will cease to be offensively malodorous.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Through local Cars & Coffee chatter I heard of a guy in California that imported a CSL to Canada and is storing it at his Canadian cousin's house until 25 years. He pays rent on the space he's using for the car lol.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                              The CSL is the one time I'm going to own a collector's car and it will be driven just enough to prevent rot. Of course I will have to resign from this forum since my excrement will cease to be offensively malodorous.
                              LOL!!!!!!
                              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X