Bubbles on Shift Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubbles on Shift Knob

Does anyone have experience fixing this?

You used to be able to get a replacement emblem from BMW - 25112227939. Based on the description, the illumination might not show through this emblem. To get the emblem with illumination, you have to get a whole shift knob new.
    Last edited by Slideways; 11-18-2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

The 6 speed M plaque that comes on the illuminated knob has long since been discontinued. You can purchase the one above if it's still available but will not illuminate. Many people have tried and failed to make it so.

There is an unscrupulous vendor on ebay who falsely advertises the correct pn with a misleading picture of a bmw parts bag but is in fact selling replica plaques. Dude needs to be reported to ebay.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

If you would like an upgrade I have an F80 m3 shift knob I will sell (zhp style 6 speed WITH illumination)
        but unfortunately it hit a corner during shipping and has an imperfection on the leather. Can send pictures if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
          Does anyone have experience fixing this?
          Mine has had this since new-to-me in 2012 (bought the car with the weighted knob already). It has annoyed me since day 1. No flippin idea why I haven't gotten a new one by now.

"Genuine BMW" sometimes is well...
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Is that on the broomstick one? I have one that is original to my car and removed from new. In perfect shape. It is never gong back in the car. Been thinking should probably list it locally for sale, but if interested can ship as well. Car was switched over to the shorter ZHP weighted knob. The ZHP knob looked like that until it popped off in my hand downshifting for a hairpin corner on track. Have a nice new fresh one, looks much better now.

Comment

Working...
            X