No announcement yet.

Keep car or is it time to move on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life is too short, enjoy the car so you won't have any regrets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Keep it, you will regret having sold it and have the itch for what you already had. Keep it and enjoy as much as you can, sometimes we dont need to enjoy our things too often or daily, best things in life are not those that you get to use, or enjoy, daily; think about your favorite food, you would fed up with if you ate it daily. Sometimes having a toy that you get to use from time to time is enough to justify its keeping.
      Last edited by maupineda; 11-30-2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

My first BMW was an '87 528e, followed by '88 535i, then '98 540i 6 sport, followed by '03 M3 convertible SMG. Loved each one and sold each one. To my surprise, I was suddenly 73 years old and decided to move along. Based on your comments, my advice is to sell your M3 - someone else will be happy with it, and you'll be happy without it.

Comment

Sell it so I can buy it
          2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
          Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
          Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
          Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
          Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
          Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

"When in doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you." ~ Robert DeNiro, "Ronin"

As you've laid it out, TTMAR (take the money and run). The car is sitting, not being driven, costing you money that you're questioning, and the market is high. You already know what to do -- either drive it or sell it.

I'd drive it. But I don't give 2 shitz about the future value of the car. If you care about the future value, then the future is now. It won't appreciate from here on a probability basis in any amount that will cover the holding costs. Now is as good a time as any to "take profits" on this particular model, IMO, which is why you see so many for sale.

The people who are keeping these cars from here forward are doing so because the future value is infinity. Meaning, you won't be able to get another car that gives you this experience ever again in the future. End of story. If you're that guy, you're driving your car and you'll fix the dings, rust, paint, and whatever else on an open checkbook basis as and when needed. I have a few cars that fit this category, and I don't care about "market value" -- markets are fickle but these cars deliver every time I turn the key.

If you're not that guy, sell it. Please.

maw
            Last edited by maw1124; 11-30-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

If your not going to drive it sell it....good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
                My first BMW was an '87 528e, followed by '88 535i, then '98 540i 6 sport, followed by '03 M3 convertible SMG. Loved each one and sold each one. To my surprise, I was suddenly 73 years old and decided to move along. Based on your comments, my advice is to sell your M3 - someone else will be happy with it, and you'll be happy without it.
                73? You would have to be one of the oldest on this forum. Have fun with your next vehicle whatever it is.
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

73? You would have to be one of the oldest on this forum. Have fun with your next vehicle whatever it is.
                  Thanks! I'm looking at an X car of some sort. I'm pretty sure I'll keep lurking here to just see what's happening!

Comment

Sell both and buy a supra.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post

Thanks! I'm looking at an X car of some sort. I'm pretty sure I'll keep lurking here to just see what's happening!
                      I see a lot of 70-something guys having fun with SL65s, E63s wagons and 500E actually. But I’d imagine getting in and out of an SL every day would be a pain, and I’m not even in my 60s yet.

maw

Comment

I use to daily my M3 back when I commute to the office, It was great, at that time of course no one cared about resale or adding miles. I was able to drive my car everyday, rain, sun or snow. It was nice after a long day at work to hop in the car. Now i find reasons to drive the car (milk run at publix!)

My vote goes to daily it. Enjoy the car.

Comment

Working...
                        X