Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep my M3 or move to M2 CS

As title said
    if you got money would you move on to M2 cs ?

I'd keep the m3, get m2cs and e92 m3.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Simply, no.

I worked for BMW when they were developing the OG M2.

A lot correct but a lot still left on the table.

Adding the S55 to that chassis was not the answer I personally was looking for.

I would add to the E46 M3 because that car on it's own is just one car on it's own.

Buy it some friends lol

#OGM2FTW
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Looking to add a E90 M3 to the garage, don't care about anything newer coming from BMW.

Comment

As soon as I had to remove a wheel to change a lightbulb on the E91, I knew the E46 was the newest BMW I’d ever own.
          E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

I’ve got both and they are both fantastic cars

Comment

I’ve driven the M2C on an autocross course. Super fun and capable car, but not really a better experience than a (modded especially) E46. Steering is significantly worse, engine is worse IMO, chassis and suspension are better, stock brakes are better. Thought about adding one as a daily a couple years ago actually but somehow ended up with both an E39M and new Miata instead for similar amount of cash. There’s a lot I could do to my E46 for the additional cost delta to the CS to remedy its relative shortcomings and further reduce weight.

Comment

Thanks all for your feedback, I would like to say I am keeping the M3 .

Next year in February I would finish 15 years owning the car

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                  #OGM2FTW
                  Agreed. It not only sounded better but it does without that stupid ugly CS grill. Still would keep the 46M though
                  2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
                    Looking to add a E90 M3 to the garage, don't care about anything newer coming from BMW.
                    Me too!!! Good luck....

Comment

M2 will not stand the test of time as well. CS is well regarded, but not at $90k. With that money I would get something with the engine where back seats would be...

E46 is the unanimous classic for a reason.

Comment

How about m2 competition ! Will you trade your e46 M3 for it ????????

Comment

bad idea. I sold my IR/IR when i got my M2C and immediately regretted it. So much so that i sold the M2C 8 months later and got an even better e46 out of texas. The M2C is a great car on its own, but soul less as hell. The s55 sounds terrible and is not really all that playful. I also couldnt fall in love with the looks of it--i never really found myself looking back at it. One of the only cars that i can think of that looks worse lowered. Its also gigantic compared to the e46.

Comment

Originally posted by specializedbndt View Post
                            bad idea. I sold my IR/IR when i got my M2C and immediately regretted it. So much so that i sold the M2C 8 months later and got an even better e46 out of texas. The M2C is a great car on its own, but soul less as hell. The s55 sounds terrible and is not really all that playful. I also couldnt fall in love with the looks of it--i never really found myself looking back at it. One of the only cars that i can think of that looks worse lowered. Its also gigantic compared to the e46.
                            I thought the M2C has similar dimensions to an E36?

I love the M2C and M2CS but cant get over the sound of the exhaust and numb steering. Otherwise would make for a fun little street car but only as a side chick and the E46 M as the trophy wife when you want to be seen

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X