Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shibui View Post

That's bound to fetch a high price. What would be the "unicorn" US M3 out there that would fetch the highest premium? I'm thinking either:

LSB
    Manual
    Slicktop
    30k miles >
    Manual seats
    Imola/Cinn/LSB interior or rare color (personally I'd like plain old black but these bright interiors seem like they're loved)

or

ZCP
    Silver Gray / Interlagos
    Manual
    Slicktop
    30k miles >
    Manual seats
    Imola/Cinn/LSB interior or rare color

Maybe one of the individual-order colors would fetch more?

Just wait til we get some CSLs in the the US after the 25-year rule...
    ZCP in Interlagos on Cinn. That will be the first car to break 100k publicly. But, it is ridiculous to think that you could get a decent CSL for less and hold it overseas for the same price. Unfortunately the biggest issue us as M3 owners have are the investors. People wanting to buy these cars to mothball or restore more to mothball only make drivers cars harder to maintain in price.

Individual cars are very hit or miss. Wacky interiors and wacky colors are tough sells sometimes but the safe bet is that ZCP in terms of value. Trends change. Everyone wanted a TiaG car and everyone laughed at Phoenix but yet Phoenix commands higher prices on average now.

No matter what, I'm never selling my rare spec car and happy to put the miles on it!

Comment

But, it is ridiculous to think that you could get a decent CSL for less and hold it overseas for the same price.
      I want to bring a Sapphire Black one over after the 25-rule comes into place. Hopefully the SMG-hate keeps them under these BAT “unicorn” prices. Who knows how the market will look in 2028 though. I’m not optimistic.

Comment

CSL’s are going for less than 100k?

All the ones I have seen are 150k USD+

Best of luck finding a CSL after 25yrs for less than 150k. I wouldn’t doubt there’s a high mileage/crash record one over there for 90-100k but why bother at that point?

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
          CSL’s are going for less than 100k?

All the ones I have seen are 150k USD+

Best of luck finding a CSL after 25yrs for less than 150k. I wouldn’t doubt there’s a high mileage/crash record one over there for 90-100k but why bother at that point?
          Over $150k USD isn't exactly the norm at the moment. There may be some outliers, but a lot of them still go for under that.

There is 1 BMW M3 CSL - E46 for sale right now - Follow the Market and get notified with new listings and sale prices.

I mean over $150k you're basically in 997 GT3 territory at that point. And that's way more car for the money.

Obviously they'll be more after 25 years and you'll still have to pay import/export fees, but we'll see. Might try to secure one here in Japan since I have residences in both countries.
          Last edited by shibui; 02-04-2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Ah yes Matt Farah the guy who said an e36 m3 isn't more than a $7k driving experience then goes and spends almost $100k on an e46 m3. Who gives a $h!t what this guy has to say. Easily one of the worst automotive journalists.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyflaredd View Post
              Who gives a $h!t what this guy has to say. Easily one of the worst automotive journalists.
              100% this. I cant stand his arrogance. He talks like his sitting on some type of throne. GTFOH with that crap

Comment

My wife and I are road tripping to grab a manual trans for the e60 M5. I was attempting to listen to this podcast, because e46 M3.

​​​​​​…. my wife vetoed it, citing him sounding like an idiot. As she pointed out, every 5th word is fuck, fucking, or fucked.

I’m not really into his videos, but he certainly comes off as more intelligent with some editing and censorship.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                  I’m not really into his videos, but he certainly comes off as more intelligent with some editing and censorship.
                  Funny, because I thought his whole schtick was “One Takes.”

Comment

​​​​​​…. my wife vetoed it, citing him sounding like an idiot.
                    Sounds like she has a good ear. Any chance she will do a car podcast?

Comment

I don't find him to be a good journalist at all like most youtubers . Some of his videos are entertaining enough though.

its always bad when this sort of publicity happens, things just get more expensive and rarer which is not good for the real enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by Kcalhoun27 View Post

Sounds like she has a good ear. Any chance she will do a car podcast?
                        Do you know what good food tastes like? Are you a chef?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I listen to his podcasts often, mainly driven by the guests he has and what they have to say. Larry Chen was recent good listen, and a much older episode of Callaway Corvettes was one of my all-time favorite episodes. Steve Dinan has been on a few times and had some interesting tidbits to teach as well. Matt does curse a lot, and I don't agree with everything he says, but I would say not to try it if your only goal is to catch some e46 M3 talk. He's not a wrench, he's not going to tell you anything you don't already know, and he only bought the car to drive and not lose money on.
                          2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

I curse a lot and use fuck as a noun, adjective, adverb etc but I try to time the usage appropriately so as to not diminish it's value.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Do you know what good food tastes like? Are you a chef?
                              Sorry, wasnt an attack. I agree with her opinion, was all i meant. Shouldve added an s/ after my second comment

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post

100% this. I cant stand his arrogance. He talks like his sitting on some type of throne. GTFOH with that crap
                                I mean if you were some rich daddy's boy with a bunch of fanboys hyping you up, you might have a big chip on your shoulder too.
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X