Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire picks up an E46 M3

Purchased from EAG. Will be interesting to see if he does anything to it or keeps it stock. I know some people were angry with his Fiesta ST comparison a few years back, but I thought his original assessment was quite fair. He obviously likes the car enough to have purchased one (at a premium!) years later. The other half of The Smoking Tire (Zack) also drives a Mystic/Topaz Blue M3.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXAPtn6NlxU/?utm_medium=copy_link
    Last edited by shibui; 02-02-2022, 02:38 PM.

EAG didn't have a Ford Fiesta ST to sell him?
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I can't stand that guy but that is a nice clean m3. I've no idea why hagerty has him in some of their vids, the other guy sucks too, forgot his name.

Does it have a sunroof?
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

One of my DD is a modified 2016 Focus ST that I bought new. I love that car. I’m guessing he only bought the M3 due to its current status among collectors.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Can't stand the guy. Him buying E46M is just following a recent trend. All of these guys will be looking to buy E60 M5 in a few months.
          BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

When you overspend and end up in a Tiag car.

LOL
            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
              When you overspend and end up in a Tiag car.

LOL
              I already see the elitism oozing. EAG, Museum quality, 6-Speed. Congrats on getting scammed on a mid spec M3

Comment

Is this real life?

Titanium silver was a very popular color specced when the car was new (and still looks great if paint is maintained) while lsb and phoenix couldn't be given away. Seems this current generation prefers the undesirable colors as compared to the old, original guard.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                  Is this real life?

Titanium silver was a very popular color specced when the car was new (and still looks great if paint is maintained) while lsb and phoenix couldn't be given away. Seems this current generation prefers the undesirable colors as compared to the old, original guard.
                  I mean the cars aren't new anymore. Follow the trends for modern BMW launch colors and they aren't silver. Even this gen M3 launched in LSB so I fail to see the undesirability. Yes they sat more initially because no doctor or lawyer wanted to roll up in a bright blue or baby puke one to their office, but bright colors have always been popular on M cars.

I never heard of a dealer having a hard time selling a new E46 M3 ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicktop View Post

I mean the cars aren't new anymore. Follow the trends for modern BMW launch colors and they aren't silver. Even this gen M3 launched in LSB so I fail to see the undesirability. Yes they sat more initially because no doctor or lawyer wanted to roll up in a bright blue or baby puke one to their office, but bright colors have always been popular on M cars.

I never heard of a dealer having a hard time selling a new E46 M3 ever.
                    Here we go again with launch colors, I'm talking about color desirability and how it has changed (along with other tastes) for e46 m3 owners these days. So you're saying the colors become more and more popular as the cars age? Why?

Doctors and lawyers weren't buying e46 m3s when they were introduced, what's your context/basis for this statement?

When did you purchase your m3?

Comment

Perhaps he'll do something to it in the interests of self promotion...
                      you know; like converting it to EV.

Comment

Here we go again with launch colors, I'm talking about color desirability and how it has changed (along with other tastes) for e46 m3 owners these days. So you're saying the colors become more and more popular as the cars age? Why?

Doctors and lawyers weren't buying e46 m3s when they were introduced, what's your context/basis for this statement?

Seems to happen to all cars— especially 911s. Circle of car life.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I wonder what he paid for it....I remember him dogging the e46 several time...the Ford ST had better steering feel, and he test drove a turbo charged M3 he said it felt slow. But he is right the e46 is the last true M along with the e9x everything after 2013 are just not the same.

Comment

I bought mine last year. My dad had a deposit on one in 2001 (Silver) but the dealer had told him a 6 month wait to get the car in and he never followed through because of the wait time. If you remember most very early cars into the US were silver with no options because dealers were trying to desperately fulfill deposits.

Silver has always been desirable, but when you look at total production, rarity is what drives the value. So colors like LSB and Phoenix are massive hits now. Most people care about how low production their car is and those colors help.

Doctors and lawyers were 100% buying these cars new. The amount of street parked M3s I saw with MD designated plates accounted for a good % of the cars in the area. Funny enough I saw an original owner vert yesterday with those same plates.

I mean of course tastes will change because barrier of entry is totally different. Most cars are no where near MSRP value again and the demographic that originally bought them has moved on into other Ms or P cars.

Personally when I was looking for my car I wanted silver because of how much easier it was to find slicktop but I ended up getting a rarer color and I'm happy with that

Comment

https://enthusiastauto.com/bmw/m3ser...oupe-2058.html

Not a slicktop. He says it will stay stock.

Why do these threads always come down to color?Who cares? The silver/red looks nice, and condition counts more than color, at least to me.

Like a lot of Youtubers, he comes across as a douche, but I like to hear what he has to say about cars I'm interested in.

The E46 M3/Fiesta ST video came out several months before I got my car. I'll have to watch it again, but he must not have said anything too damning about the E46M because I still bought mine.
                              Last edited by K-Dawg; 12-03-2021, 05:45 AM.
                              2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Working...
                              X