What's your beater/daily driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
    The reason many of us don't have "beaters" is because we live in areas with little or no snow. Don't need one minus the harsh northern elements.

Edit: Also imagine a good percentage don't live in big cities even further lessening the need for a beater.
    Yea, what I wouldn't give to not have to deal with shitty snow/cold weather/salted roads. I used to love winter but now that I'm getting older (and work outside everyday) the winter months are just depressing.
    I would love to own a car and be able to keep it nice etc. but when there is 1+ feet of snow on the ground the jeep is necessary. In the comming years I won't have anything holding me to Nebraska and I'm outta here, then maybe an E46 330i etc would make sense.

I also won't DD my M3 in the spring/summer/fall for fear of scratches/getting run into etc.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

2011 RAV4 3.5 V6 AWD. Great little vehicle for errands, winter vacations, etc. Very nice when you need that 6' piece of lumber or 10 bags of mulch!

Comment

I got a Mystic Blue 330i ZHP as my beater car...

both my M3 (pictured) and ZHP are 2004 model years

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210108_122227.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	140790

i drive a lot to pick my daughter up from school so it only made sense to get something more efficient and with NY's lovely traffic, the auto pilot drops down my stress from driving back and forth.
          '06 Carbon Black
          Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

2001 325xiT B30 swapped, 94k on the car.
            !

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
            Last edited by jdamore44; 12-06-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

An E70 X5

Comment

2018 Nissan Sentra SV....good a to b car and that's about it. Some pretty nice 'beaters' posted so far 😆

I would love to have a 3 series wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
                  Wow that looks good. I have my tint like you do and always wondered if it passed in the looks department, yours solidifies it. Are those 19's?
                  Thanks! Yea the wheels are 19s, 8.5 ET43 front and 9.5 ET21.5 rear. The .5 is weird but that's what the back of the wheels say.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                    The reason many of us don't have "beaters" is because we live in areas with little or no snow. Don't need one minus the harsh northern elements.

Edit: Also imagine a good percentage don't live in big cities even further lessening the need for a beater.
                    I live in Florida and a second car is necessary. Tough to haul 5 adults in an M3 to go to the beach plus beach chairs, umbrella, sand, food, beer, etc. Back when I was single it was easy to have an M3 as a DD. lmao no home goods runs, no home depot projects. just driving around with $1.25 per gallon 93 gas!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

I live in Florida and a second car is necessary. Tough to haul 5 adults in an M3 to go to the beach plus beach chairs, umbrella, sand, food, beer, etc. Back when I was single it was easy to have an M3 as a DD. lmao no home goods runs, no home depot projects. just driving around with $1.25 per gallon 93 gas!
                      For sure, I've got a couple SUVs but ain't none of em beaters due to mostly nice weather
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Original owner 1999 4Runner SR5, 137K miles

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2923.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	193.5 KB ID:	140843

Backup to my DD, original owner 2003 4Runner Limited, 138K miles

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0515.JPG Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	140844
                        Last edited by HitmanM3; 12-07-2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Just picked up a 2021 Raptor. Maybe the best DD I've ever had. Apparently I like blue vehicles...

Comment

Technically my DD/Dog Hauler is my 2004 X5 6MT.

Paid $1300 for it because the dealer that took it in on trade didn't know how to drive stick.

It's a sport package with cold weather package and thankfully a regular sunroof.

On 18's and Nokian R3 Hakkas it's literally a tank in snow.

On 20's in the summer it's slow AF and get's meh gas mileage.

I had the OE 4.8iS body kit installed just for looks and someone local was parting haha

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210530_223925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	140890
                            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 BMW ///M3
                            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

My E46M is my daily in FL for just this reason. The other is a certified collectible. In MI is where I need the Allroad, although with no daily commute it’s becoming one to just keep and have fun with. I may throw some paint and wheels at it next year.

maw

Comment

Lots of wagons! 😍

My daily driver duties are split between my M3 and a 2012 F150 Ecoboost that I ordered from the factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181223_081854.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	140944
                                2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Working...
                                X