BMW Shipping delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Shipping delays

Right now, mainly for the east coast, there are massive shipping delays. ETAs are up to a month. If you have a project coming up, and you absolutely need something from the dealership, plan for that timeline. I believe California's warehouse is super behind as well. Germany parts are looking to be 2 to 3 months out rather than the standard 2 week wait. If the dealer is working on your car, they can VOR parts but the slots are very limited just a few part numbers. VOR is next day shipping.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

What does this pertain too? Getting Genuine BMW parts from a dealer? Or a vendor who sources from BMW (a la ECS, FCP, etc.)?

Supply chain issues are legit right now, but can you narrow this down a bit?
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

This pertains to parts coming from BMW, the manufacturer. Vendors stock alot more parts than dealers but if it has to be ordered from BMW, I would expect a similar wait time.

Comment

Appreciate the heads up. I have shopping cart with 70+ items in from getBMWparts.com that is mostly things like plastic rivets and other OE fasteners. It might take a bit to get here is what I'm hearing
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
          Appreciate the heads up. I have shopping cart with 70+ items in from getBMWparts.com that is mostly things like plastic rivets and other OE fasteners. It might take a bit to get here is what I'm hearing
          Fasteners and rivets will probably be in stock but it's a hit or miss. There are new rivets on the G0x vehicles that are taking my dealer a week to get atm. Older style should be fine but also remember you don't have to use BMW for rivets and fasteners. Our cars use very generic fasteners. I noticed on a lot of Porsches, they use the same ones. If you run into an issue with shipping, just look elsewhere.

Comment

Most parts coming in quickly now. Things like tires or the obvious uncommon parts are sometimes backed up but for the most part, everything is flowing smooth. The common tires are mostly good to go. If you have 22s on an X5 or X7, you're going to wait 2 months for a tire.

Comment

We should probably start getting used to this. German industry doesn't have a hugely bright future ahead of it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

That's good to know if you've got a project coming up and need to order parts from the dealership. A month-long wait is long, but that's how things are right now. It's crazy that even German parts take 2-3 months to arrive! That's way longer than the standard 2-week wait. And if you're getting work done on your car at the dealership, it's good to know they can VOR parts, but the slots are limited. If you want to ship your vehicle, have you checked out a1autotransport? They are a legit option for getting your car from point A to point B.
                Last edited by RobinAnthony; 03-06-2023, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I just ordered an S54 oil pump from Germany. It was in stock and 1/2 the price (including shipping) of US vendors.

Feff
                  MVP Track Time

Comment

Also a quick Information I got from a friend here in Germany who works for BMW. There is a new part pricing plan on it‘s way so most things are going to cost a lot more as soon as they are deliverable.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM346 View Post
                      Also a quick Information I got from a friend here in Germany who works for BMW. There is a new part pricing plan on it‘s way so most things are going to cost a lot more as soon as they are deliverable.
                      the good news just keeps coming.

Comment

So glad I restored my car in 2014-2020
                        Last edited by Tbonem3; 02-28-2023, 07:56 AM.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I just paid $30 for new bellhousing bolts... PER BOLT 🤣... and many random parts (at least around tranny) indefinitely backordered...

Comment

Originally posted by ruffy dongles View Post
                            I just paid $30 for new bellhousing bolts... PER BOLT 🤣... and many random parts (at least around tranny) indefinitely backordered...
                            Yeah I ordered those same bolts, was 25€ per bolt here in Europe… insane

Which parts are backordered? Since I am working around that area now as well.
                            E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                            E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                            E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

Yeah I ordered those same bolts, was 25€ per bolt here in Europe… insane

Which parts are backordered? Since I am working around that area now as well.
                              I cant get the plate separating bellhousing and engine block (mangled it a bit w/ pry bar) nor can I get the 3x smaller Torx (E12?) bolts on bottom of bellhousing... thankfully the originals are in good shape to re-use.

Comment

Working...
                              X