BMW Shipping delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruffy dongles View Post

I cant get the plate separating bellhousing and engine block (mangled it a bit w/ pry bar) nor can I get the 3x smaller Torx (E12?) bolts on bottom of bellhousing... thankfully the originals are in good shape to re-use.
    Yeah it was a struggle but I managed to get that plate about 6 months ago. Then haven’t seen it…

Comment

The struggle with shipping delays and supply chain issues is real. While I can't provide real-time updates, it's not uncommon for these challenges to persist. If you're still dealing with delays, consider exploring alternative suppliers or checking ShipVehicles (https://www.shipvehicles.com/) for potential solutions. It's my fav shipping company, and they never let me down.
      Last edited by Quarmart; 01-18-2024, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarmart View Post
        The struggle with shipping delays and supply chain issues is real. While I can't provide real-time updates, it's not uncommon for these challenges to persist.
        What a helpful bot after all these months.

Comment

Just a heads up for those who use dealerships for oil changes, 10W60 might be back ordered at the moment. My parts weren't able to order it and they're too dumb to stock it even though we need it often.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
            Just a heads up for those who use dealerships for oil changes, 10W60 might be back ordered at the moment. My parts weren't able to order it and they're too dumb to stock it even though we need it often.
            Not to brag, but I've never had an issue with getting parts. I don't order from FCP because I am impatient. I get my parts via a friend who works at an indy shop, and I am able to get my parts (unless it's something obscure / a specialty part) the same day or the next day via World Pac.

There is a semi-truck that drives from the main BMW distribution warehouse in Jacksonville to Ga every single day, but I'm not sure why some other people/forum members experience large delays when ordering parts.

Depending on the part, I may be able to help (buy it and ship it to you) if what you want has a large delay.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. BTW, what iteration of Castrol 10W60 are we on now? Euro car in black bottle?

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

Not to brag, but I've never had an issue with getting parts. I don't order from FCP because I am impatient. I get my parts via a friend who works at an indy shop, and I am able to get my parts (unless it's something obscure / a specialty part) the same day or the next day via World Pac.

There is a semi-truck that drives from the main BMW distribution warehouse in Jacksonville to Ga every single day, but I'm not sure why some other people/forum members experience large delays when ordering parts.

Depending on the part, I may be able to help (buy it and ship it to you) if what you want has a large delay.
                Worldpac also stocks Motul 10W60 including the fancier 300V 10W60. Just need to be careful what you order through them. Their shipping departments leave a bit to be desired. It’s rare that there’s any packing material at all if it’s not local and needs to be shipped from another warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

Worldpac also stocks Motul 10W60 including the fancier 300V 10W60. Just need to be careful what you order through them. Their shipping departments leave a bit to be desired. It’s rare that there’s any packing material at all if it’s not local and needs to be shipped from another warehouse.
                  The indy shop I buy my parts from stocks Motul 10w60 in 50-gallon drums, so I pretty much never run out, lol. Also, in terms of packing material, I concur; it is nonexistent.

To clarify, I can pick up parts, package them, and ship them out if needed to avoid delays.

Comment

The 300V is strictly for racing and it's like $50/L last time I checked. That was during the last president so I'm sure it's more now. I typically buy my 10W60 from FCP most of the time. It's the same price at my part department with an employee discount. I figure I'll support a company I like rather than wasting my parts department's time because there's no profit for them in it.

Comment

The 300V is strictly for racing and it's like $50/L last time I checked. That was during the last president so I'm sure it's more now. I typically buy my 10W60 from FCP most of the time. It's the same price at my part department with an employee discount. I figure I'll support a company I like rather than wasting my parts department's time because there's no profit for them in it.
                      At my former BMW stealership employer...I used a lift after hours and I had a bunch of BMW parts on the workbench. The parts manager came by and mentioned that he did not remember stocking those parts. I told him I bought them from my buddy at a different local BMW dealership who actually stocks stuff. Then I laughed in his face. He was so mad!
                      Last edited by bigjae46; 02-06-2024, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Maybe list price. I can get 300V for around $15.75-17.50/liter. I just run 8100 X-Power though.

Comment

Maybe list price. I can get 300V for around $15.75-17.50/liter. I just run 8100 X-Power though.
                          I must've mixed it up with their racing oil. That's a much more reasonable price. The 8100 is awesome and usually what I use as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X