Thoughts on OEM CSL section 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on OEM CSL section 2

Has anyone on here tried this? It’s 5lbs lighter than the regular version. Is it made from a different material? Any difference in terms of sound? I am looking to pair this up with CSL headers, Euro cats, SCZA.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/18107833503/

From what I understand, it has thinner piping. Same OD, but larger ID.

Larger ID -> slower exhaust gas velocity -> probably some sound difference

Haven't heard one in person though, so I have no anecdotal evidence to share.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

On the old forums user "Mikymu" had a thread titled "Odyssey of a full CSL exhaust" or something to that effect.

It was more of a DIY but I think he spoke of the end result. I know some people have been able to view various posts from the old forums using this:

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        On the old forums user "Mikymu" had a thread titled "Odyssey of a full CSL exhaust" or something to that effect.

It was more of a DIY but I think he spoke of the end result. I know some people have been able to view various posts from the old forums using this:

https://archive.org/web/
        Oh My God it's been a minute and a half since I've heard of Mikymu lmfao

To answer your question, it's just thinner material so it probably makes a little more noise but nothing other than telling other people you have an OEM CSL Sec 2 lol
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

initially it seems like a good option relative to aftermarket offerings but it looks like shipping is not free (+$235 estimated to california)

that's supersprint section2 money at that point

Comment

The silencer is the same. Only the Pipes are thinner and made out of an another material.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
              initially it seems like a good option relative to aftermarket offerings but it looks like shipping is not free (+$235 estimated to california)

that's supersprint section2 money at that point
              I can possibly order it from a BMW dealership and pick it up so Ill save on the shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

I can possibly order it from a BMW dealership and pick it up so Ill save on the shipping.
                that would make it worth considering if you're in need of a new section2.
                i personally have never been able to get any dealer to come close to online vendor pricing.

Comment

Working...
                X