No announcement yet.

Dinan upgraded coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car was made in Jan 06 and I just found one dying coil. There is no brand on them other than BMW but I'd say 16 years of service is quite phenomenal. It got replaced with a new style coil they fits the newest cars. I've noticed it's quite rare for genuine BMW coils to go bad. I paid $54 for one but to last another 10 years would be good enough for me. Why fix what isn't broken? I don't think these are made China. I hate Dinan but I don't think they'd take that risk. These are probably made somewhere in Europe.
    Last edited by Arith2; 01-16-2022, 07:16 AM.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Ive found another add with upgraded coils od british ebay, my guess is that some factory is making them and offer branding to anyone

the question remains if they are truely upgraded and will last

Comment

Rare for coils to go bad? LOL!!!

I think I had about 6 occasions where I had a bad coil since the car was new. The parts catalog was continuously updating for years with superceded pns for this very part. The only thing that was more problematic than these coils were the final stage units on other chassis. There were about a hundred of those.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Yeah the earlier Bremi coils that came with our cars were trash.

These look like rebranded OEM coils and more than likely they are Delphi coils. Typical of Dinan. They rebranded many BMW parts in the past and sold it back to BMW owners as an upgrade. For example the Dinan intake manifold for the M62 motor was just a BMW M60 intake manifold from the previous generation V8 with the velocity stacks. Just buy from FCP with lifetime warranty.

Comment

Well, even if they are juts rebranded OEM items, they are priced fairly and you get to choose a color, don’t see them as a bad or non valid option, right?

Comment

sill on original coils from 2006 so in my case they rarely go bad.

Comment

Working...
              X