No announcement yet.

Let’s talk about DINAN Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as passing CA smog with relocated cats (euro M3) or able to pass with just monitors forced ready (if other component are removed) is just one part of test. Any Star Smog test doing it correctly or Referee Station will absolutely fail the visual part of test.
    Now if the question is could you pass smog with these. Yes you could if missed but it’s not legal and that should be stated a little more plainly to alleviate any misunderstanding.
    Seen first hand a customer who had been flagged and had to go to a Referee Station. He had failed visual at a Star station.
    Every single one of my many smog tests have the technician doing the visual part with a mirror and flashlight. The test machine literally shows a screen they have to check off after each component they have to visually check. Heck ten years ago I had shop tell me my Bimmerworld intake silicone elbow was not stock and would not pass so go home change it to stock.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Oh here comes goody two shoes to rain on our parade.

Life comes with risks!

Let me guess, you're wearing a mask while you type that?
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Given that he sold the company and his trademark name, I would imagine very little is offered for our cars now, not to mention there seems to have been a precipitous drop in quality. I called his new company Carbahn to inquire about their 3.3L rebuild kit in the event I would need one. They quoted me at 17k for the rebuild with some additional minor upgrades and said it would get me around 400 hp and 365lb/ft torque. I ended my conversation after that but to be fair, the man himself is a brilliant engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          You really cant see anything with the heatshield and plastics installed. If the tech knows how to rotate the front wheels to see right above the reinforcement plate, they'd be able to see that the big cats aren't there.

I do take off my airbox for smog, however, as that is very obvious. It's also my bi-annual time to clean the filter, polish the CF, inspect things, etc.
          I wish I knew a place like that, where they *for sure* would not notice (or would just look the other way) but I don't. The place I go is just a hole in the wall in Venice, but the tech there for sure still knows his shit. If you have a shop recommendation by all means, please DM it to me LOL.
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

There's a smog shop every mile in LA lol

Or go to the valley where there's one every corner. Do a vibe check. If they guy starts to act high and mighty pretend you got a call from your pregnant wife her water broke, "shit, I gotta go."
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Beisan systems did more for the E46 M3 community than Dinan and their silly point system. sums it up for me.
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                As far as passing CA smog with relocated cats (euro M3) or able to pass with just monitors forced ready (if other component are removed) is just one part of test. Any Star Smog test doing it correctly or Referee Station will absolutely fail the visual part of test.
                Now if the question is could you pass smog with these. Yes you could if missed but it’s not legal and that should be stated a little more plainly to alleviate any misunderstanding.
                Seen first hand a customer who had been flagged and had to go to a Referee Station. He had failed visual at a Star station.
                Every single one of my many smog tests have the technician doing the visual part with a mirror and flashlight. The test machine literally shows a screen they have to check off after each component they have to visually check. Heck ten years ago I had shop tell me my Bimmerworld intake silicone elbow was not stock and would not pass so go home change it to stock.

Oh here comes goody two shoes to rain on our parade.

Life comes with risks!

Let me guess, you're wearing a mask while you type that?

not sure whats got you triggered but everything he said is correct and for the most part n line with everything you're saying

people get mad at Dinan for not developing more parts but it's not their fault that they (correctly) predicted that the buyer market for this platform significantly shifted towards poorer customers with little to no regard about how much more their cars polluted over stock

Comment

You really cant see anything with the heatshield and plastics installed. If the tech knows how to rotate the front wheels to see right above the reinforcement plate, they'd be able to see that the big cats aren't there.

I do take off my airbox for smog, however, as that is very obvious. It's also my bi-annual time to clean the filter, polish the CF, inspect things, etc.
                  I don't see any smog guy in doing any of that nonsense.

I wouldn't be surprised if people passed with an airbox, who really gives a shit.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                  X