CSL Trunk - OEM or Karbonius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Trunk - OEM or Karbonius

Has anyone purchased the CSL trunk from karbonius? I'm deciding between the OEM and Karbonius trunk and wanted to hear first hand experience on how the fitment is, etc. is/ how they handled not having holes for the rear license plate mount. I was told by Karbonius that they can add the holes per special request, but most customers "use double sided tape."

I have purchased the airbox from karbonius and havent had any issues in terms of quality, but just want to hear someone who has bought the trunk,

If only there was an active thread about this
    ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
    ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
      if only you'd link it rather than being toxic about it lol

Comment

just received my order today .. super excited~ items were nicely packaged .. the whole purchasing experience was fast and smooth. (Ana was the one helping out my order .. owner David was very kind to my request as well) And, i like what i have received and unboxed so far :) all the edges, corners, bolting areas are looking
        2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

you're essentially deciding between

oe - reference grade fitment, minor weight savings
          karbonius/slon/aftermarket cf - good enough fitment, significant weight savings

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about the LP holes. Even though the genuine CSL trunk has those slightly recessed from factory(at least my early production one did), people carefully drill those often on aftermarket.
            My take is that unless you’re leaving the CF exposed for personal desires, Genuine BMW CSL is the way to go. If there was a design flaw on genuine and it addressed that then it would be improved upon where original was lacking. But you’re not getting a better fit and the Genuine BMW CSL will have more value and likely increase over time.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
              Lol I came here to post this for mr spoon feed me.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
              X