X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my Karbonius bootlid/strut bar today~

just received my order today .. super excited~

items were nicely packaged ..

the whole purchasing experience was fast and smooth.
    (Ana was the one helping out my order .. owner David was very kind to my request as well)

And, i like what i have received and unboxed so far
    all the edges, corners, bolting areas are looking great.
    the inner and outer finish is absolutely smooth~

need to find a day soon to replace my current lid and see how the fitment goes ..

[weight info update]
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1083886.jpg Views:	271 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	130553 on my shitty digital scale, it measures out around 5.2kg ..
    on the official website, it stated it to be around 5.5kg .. so it's right around the 5kg mark ~ FYI

[installed pictures updated]
    Installation was pretty straight forward , since i have currently installed with another aftermarket replica bootlid ..
    all the details/holes are spot on ..so very easy swap this time.

only serious effort was, you need to drill out the holes for the license plate holder.

fitment wise, you can judge from the picture by yourself, (this may be subjective, since my previous piece was in much less quality state).. i am very happy with the result.

[minor last update]
    the only thing i couldn't install onto the trunk was the two rubber stopper thing .. just realized they were in the drawer during my previous rep installation .
    i think the carbon fiber is too thick, even after i tried to trim down the rubber .. XD .. so i left them off ..
    Click image for larger version  Name:	596959.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	130950 Click image for larger version  Name:	596960.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	130951 Click image for larger version  Name:	596968.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	130957 Click image for larger version  Name:	596964.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	130958 Click image for larger version  Name:	596967.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	130959
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chalaka; 10-14-2021, 06:34 PM.

Nice, sub'd for your review on fitment...hopefully there's not a lot of 'regulating' required. Also, if you get a chance to weigh the bootlid, I'd be curious to hear about the weight?

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
      Nice, sub'd for your review on fitment...hopefully there's not a lot of 'regulating' required. Also, if you get a chance to weigh the bootlid, I'd be curious to hear about the weight?
      Weight would def be nice.

Dont want to dig up the past but the M performance strut bars would snap, have Karbonius remedied that in some way. Assuming yes, just maybe ive glossed over it... Peice look really nice, Karbonius is the truth.
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Karbonius is consistently great.

In for trunk weight numbers.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Looks great! I'd like a CSL trunk in the future and with Karb's quality, I think it or Mile End composites are the ones to go for.

Comment

Looks great! Looking forward to close ups of fitment once you get the trunk installed!
            2003 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Black

Comment

Speaking of mile end composites, any idea when they’ll be up & running again?

Comment

OP parts look great, I'm definitely pulling the trigger with Karb's OEM trunk in the near future.

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
                Speaking of mile end composites, any idea when they’ll be up & running again?
                I've given up on these guys, I don't have time to refresh IG all day in hopes that they may have something up for sale. No clear way of communication with them, it's just not worth it at this point for me even if their products are fantastic quality.

Comment

Looks great. Waiting for the install pix! Some questions:
                  1. Did you also get the license plate light kit for it? I think they use E9x lights.
                  2. Are you thinking about a backup camera install in the license plate light location?
                  Would love to hear about overall fitment experience.
                  2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
                  Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                  SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
                  ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover​
                  Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Nice and shiny! Looks really good.
                    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
                      Looks great. Waiting for the install pix! Some questions:
                      1. Did you also get the license plate light kit for it? I think they use E9x lights.
                      2. Are you thinking about a backup camera install in the license plate light location?
                      Would love to hear about overall fitment experience.
                      i didn't get the light kit, as i have already got another aftermarket CSL rep trunk (carbon overlay with fiberglass type) .. so i think i can do a quick swap off using what i have already wired~

as for the backup camera, you should be able to screw in the middle section, but i am not feeling comfortable at making additional holes on this piece XD ..

i'll try to install it soon, and measure the weight tonight.

the overall package (lid + strut bar + padding and box) is around 7kg from Fedex's receipt.
                      Last edited by chalaka; 10-07-2021, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

Weight would def be nice.

Dont want to dig up the past but the M performance strut bars would snap, have Karbonius remedied that in some way. Assuming yes, just maybe ive glossed over it... Peice look really nice, Karbonius is the truth.
                        yeah, i have read about the M performance type strut issue .. (fingers crossed)

hope it lasts longer compares to the chance of encountering the SMG issue XD

Comment

^very interested on this.

Comment

sub'd for fitment pics

Comment

karb trunk looks great!

Last edited by enjoy_m3; 10-07-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X