Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supersprint "Stradale" vs "Sport" Mufflers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supersprint "Stradale" vs "Sport" Mufflers?

Hey everyone,

Has anyone had experience with Supersprint's street friendlier muffler offerings? They don't disclose too many details & differences between the two on their website, and I know most forum members here go with their race muffler for the full experience.

Are there significant weight savings, differences in flow characteristics, and noise levels between the two?

Thanks!

I currently have the street version (the larger one) and its a bit quiet, just a tad louder than stock at low RPM and its whisper quiet at higher RPM. If someone would trade me for the sport version, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

A comparison was posted on M3F a while back. I believe the weight difference was less than 3 lbs ~ 50 lbs Street and 48 lbs Sport. Flow is the same. Volume and drone decrease as the muffler chamber gets larger.

Comment

I remember reading a post on the old forum (from a vendor I believe) that there is a reason you never see the sport mufflers for sale second hand, and that it's not because they don't sell as many as the other variants. Where as there usually is a street or lwr available in the classifieds.
        2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

I never thought the sport sounded great in videos, though haven’t heard it in person. The tips are a lot nicer looking though imo. I’ve been meaning to see if I can get a street with Sport tips built by Supersprint.

The only not quiet exhaust I like (as in sounds good, not that I’d necessarily want it on my car) on this platform is the Rogue El Diablo, and it flows worse than stock, drones, and is generally too damn loud.

Comment

Sport is a beautiful muffler, large enough body, great tips. But it's kinda boring like dinan, no real character like scorza, rdsport, larini, el diablo, and others.

Oh and drone. If it were 2.5", I bet no drone, like scorza. Pretty throaty and rsspy though, so I liked that.

I got bored of it. Too loud to fully enjoy csl airbox, but not really loud enough or interesting enough to satisfy the itch for exhaust noise imo.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I didn't realize the Gen.2 Sport tips were 90 degree cut, as opposed to the Race's slash cut.
              They look SO much better and more substantial.
              TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on 2.5" full stepped headers, cats, and twin pipes w/ resonators. Sounds like the Stradale is the way to go, especially if I don't want it to mask the induction noise.

Just out of curiosity...how loud is the race version? Like...unbearably loud😂?

Comment

I’m running the street (biggest). It’s exactly what I want— stock like volume, better flow, better time, let’s the airbox do the talking.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post
                    I didn't realize the Gen.2 Sport tips were 90 degree cut, as opposed to the Race's slash cut.
                    They look SO much better and more substantial.
                    These 2 were recently made, both with slash cut tips. One of my favorite parts of the sport muffler. Don't like the street tips at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

These 2 were recently made, both with slash cut tips. One of my favorite parts of the sport muffler. Don't like the street tips at all.

Ah I had no idea there was the option.
                      Interesting that many distributors don’t offer the option or distinction.
                      TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

I don't think there is an option. I think sports come with race tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          I don't think there is an option. I think sports come with race tips.
                          I just bought a Gen.2 Sport muffler, which came with 80mm 90-degree tips.
                          My Race muffler had 80mm slash cut tips - very pronounced.

Comment

I have race tips on my street muffler. You can order them however you want if you’re willing to wait for the next production batch.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                              I have race tips on my street muffler. You can order them however you want if you’re willing to wait for the next production batch.
                              Awesome, where did you order from? That is exactly what I want.

Comment

Working...
                              X