Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TC Kline Coilovers - ever had an issue with the rebound adjuster moving on its own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC Kline Coilovers - ever had an issue with the rebound adjuster moving on its own?

Since I switched from 400lb to 450lb springs on the front end and my front end has been noticeably bouncier. Can't be 100% sure whether it was before or after the spring change. I assumed my dampers needed a rebuild, they are 29k miles old. They probably do but I thought maybe I needed to turn up the compression and rebound.

I adjusted compression (bottom) from about 4 of 11 clicks to 6 of 11 clicks. No issues.

I went to adjust the rebound on top and the adjuster was on full soft. Don't remember it being that low. I recall running 1/3 from full soft both rebound and compression.

Has anyone had an issue with the top adjuster moving on its own?

I have a set of DA’s. Never experienced what you’re describing. So a no from me.

Whar rears did you pair them with?
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Based on my experience with the stiffness of the Koni adjusters it seems unlikely that could happen. But you never know!

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
        I have a set of DA’s. Never experienced what you’re describing. So a no from me.

Whar rears did you pair them with?
        Doubles all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
          Since I switched from 400lb to 450lb springs on the front end and my front end has been noticeably bouncier. Can't be 100% sure whether it was before or after the spring change. I assumed my dampers needed a rebuild, they are 29k miles old. They probably do but I thought maybe I needed to turn up the compression and rebound.

I adjusted compression (bottom) from about 4 of 11 clicks to 6 of 11 clicks. No issues.

I went to adjust the rebound on top and the adjuster was on full soft. Don't remember it being that low. I recall running 1/3 from full soft both rebound and compression.

Has anyone had an issue with the top adjuster moving on its own?
          IIRC from old M3Forum, aren't you tracking your car? 450lb spring rate is low for track car. I've got 600/750 GC Koni Coilovers for 4+ years and it's very tolerable on the street and great on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by jager911 View Post

IIRC from old M3Forum, aren't you tracking your car? 450lb spring rate is low for track car. I've got 600/750 GC Koni Coilovers for 4+ years and it's very tolerable on the street and great on the track.
            I had 600/700 springs at close to stock weight. Then I installed the roll cage and lightended the car to 2600lbs (no fuel/driver) which was very good at smooth tracks but terrible understeer on bumpier tracks. I used the FCM flat ride calculator which spec'd 350 front springs. I installed 400lb springs, removed the rear sway bar and it was 2 seconds faster on a 1:45 lap. I've since added aero and changed the front springs to 450lbs. I'm down into the 1:41-1:42 range. I'm pretty sure I setup my car differently than most. My car is definitely neutral, maybe even a little bit of oversteer. But the front end is grippy and sharp which I prefer.

Comment

do you guys have morphine running through your spines? my 500/600 TCK setup with RE71Rs is not pleasant at all on the street

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                do you guys have morphine running through your spines? my 500/600 TCK setup with RE71Rs is not pleasant at all on the street
                I run 275/40R17s…always been acceptably comfortable even with 600/700.

I’ve never run rebound or compression more than 2/3rds either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                  I had TCK SA with same 500/600 and it was not compliant on the street. The GC Konis were custom valved to match the 600/750 springs and even at full stiff, rides better than my TCK did. I normally run them full soft for street but sometimes I forget to dial them back and it's stiff but not bone-jarring stiff. It's fine for a back road cruise.

Comment

Working...
                  X