Quick help needed-jack point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick help needed-jack point

So I'm in the middle of dropping my subframe and planned to roll it out the back as one unit however I don't have the vehicle quite high enough.

I figured I could either:

- Bolt the subframe back on and use the rear center jack point to raise the whole rear of the car and re-adjust the jack stands

Or

- Use a floorjack to jack the car up one side at a time, however with the jack stands on the jack pads I would be jacking the car in front of the jack pads, is this acceptable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220131_232030.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	151284
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Bolt the subframe back on temporarily. The alternative is sketch because the car will teeter totter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
      Bolt the subframe back on temporarily. The alternative is sketch because the car will teeter totter.

That's what I'm thinking, at least I didn't move the subframe so it's more or less aligned and ready to go straight back up.

EDIT: Bolted subframe back on...feels like..
      Click image for larger version  Name:	tumblr_n8rny8Sjn11sop9veo3_250.gif Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	151294

Live and learn..
      Last edited by Cubieman; 01-31-2022, 09:22 PM.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

That's what I'm thinking, at least I didn't move the subframe so it's more or less aligned and ready to go straight back up.

EDIT: Bolted subframe back on...feels like..
        Click image for larger version  Name:	tumblr_n8rny8Sjn11sop9veo3_250.gif Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	151294

Live and learn..
        Yup I will tell you what happens if you don’t use the subframe. I’ve seen it at the yard lmfao!

2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Working...
        X