Hotchkis Sport Swaybar Set Reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrClutch55 View Post
    that being said, is there a "best" one out of the three? Whiteline is definitely way cheaper than the two. I will pick hotchkis over H&R. so between Hotchkis and whiteline?
    Entirely depends on what the rest of your setup is, to bet the correct oversteer/understeer balance.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

It looks like most people are only running a stiffer front say bar, with OEM rear. I'm trying to use the FCM guide. What Front Roll Couple (FRC)% are you guys shooting for? The stock M3 FRC% is 66.5% while the CSL is 70.9% so CSL would have more tendency to understeer over base m3? It seems like I would want my car to be setup for more oversteer like characteristics rather than understeer. What FRC should I shoot for?

Comment

Originally posted by M3mike View Post
        It looks like most people are only running a stiffer front say bar, with OEM rear. I'm trying to use the FCM guide. What Front Roll Couple (FRC)% are you guys shooting for? The stock M3 FRC% is 66.5% while the CSL is 70.9% so CSL would have more tendency to understeer over base m3? It seems like I would want my car to be setup for more oversteer like characteristics rather than understeer. What FRC should I shoot for?
        70-75% gives you a pretty neutral car. I'd shoot or a sway set that gets you in that range and then use their adjustability to fine tune it for your taste.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post
          It should be noted that the outer diameter of bars is only part of the equation of torsional spring rate. The tube wall thickness and material shear modulus play a role. These probably don’t vary tremendously from one manufacturer to the next but from Turners description of their bars: “These bars are crafted from a special spring steel that is both stronger and more resilient than competitive sway bars
          Turner tends to reuse verbiage from product to product. A portion of the H&R front sway reads almost the same. It’s tough to get through all the marketing!

Comment

Turner bars are H&Rs.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Didn't see anyone mention having broken any of the mounting brackets? I really like the H-Sport bars, but my friend has broken a bracket two times in some 6 years.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Maybe running on stiffest with stock or relatively low spring rates.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have the Hotchkiss front 30mm bar, run it at medium with stock rear. This helps deal out the understeer, car feels very neutral.

Comment

Does anyone know if the whiteline front bar is solid, or hollow?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Turner bars are H&Rs.
                      Im seeing Turner bars are ST Suspension bars. Could it be possible more than two are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
                        Im seeing Turner bars are ST Suspension bars. Could it be possible more than two are the same?
                        I don’t know now that Turner is now ECS, but I know as far back as 12 years ago the Turner Motorsport bars were H&R without the stickers.
                        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

If this thread is being revived I just want to chime in that I ended up buying the Hotchkis front bar and run it on softest setting with a stock rear. The front end feel in transitions is greatly improved, and I'm about to install some Dinan springs to pair with my Koni yellows.
                          2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Working...
                          X