Front bumper aluminum support to kevlar swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front bumper aluminum support to kevlar swap question

What's up nam3forum, over the weekend my headlight washer cover fell off somewhere along the road and now I'm looking at my options. Since the car's going to paint I figured it could be my chance to swap to the euro bumper but that seems to lead to some complication.

My car is an earlier model that came with the aluminum support but the availability of the euro bumper seems to support the kevlar one - so herein lies my question:

[TLDR] What all is needed to swap to the kevlar bumper support?

The diagram on realoem doesn't help me much.

If anyone has a resource or info they can share it would be greatly appreciated - I tried searching but not a whole lot of info out there from what I can tell.
    Last edited by DI46LO; 02-07-2022, 09:54 AM.

Try this. Some links in there to model years for earlier M3s and later M3s and associated mounting hardware. It focuses on fitment of the actual Euro bumper cover, but decent info in there.

I ordered a genuine euro M3 front bumper through dealer part# 51117894989 for Kevlar support bar It came in and I got it painted then tried to install it only to see these 4 tabs on the backside interfering with the Kevlar bumper support. After some searching, those 4 tabs originally came in the aluminum carrier bumper to
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Thanks! After a little more research I found a post from robgill that basically said it uses the same hardware to mount as well - Should be good now

Comment

Working...
      X