X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on racingdiffs.com

Anyone using these diffs?
    any comments on quality?
    anyone tracking these, if so how r they holding up?
    Last edited by kokgo20; 04-23-2020, 07:54 AM.

Never used either but I've seen and heard great things about diffsonline

Comment

I just purchased output flanges and a 210mm ZF LSD from racing diffs. I’ll post when I have the diff rebuilt and on the road.

Comment

I have been running their ZF LSD with 45% lock for a year now. They provided the output flanges as well. Everything works well. More traction out of corners compared to the stock diff and more progressive.

Comment

Originally posted by necm3 View Post
          I have been running their ZF LSD with 45% lock for a year now. They provided the output flanges as well. Everything works well. More traction out of corners compared to the stock diff and more progressive.
          Glad to hear positive reviews so far
          anyone tracked these diffs, if so how r they holding up

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post

Glad to hear positive reviews so far
            anyone tracked these diffs, if so how r they holding up
            I got a diff built with a racingdiffs ZF 4 clutch 35/60 ramp angles lsd and a 3.91. Still haven't had a chance to test it after everything got canceled in the spring. I've heard good things about the ZF 4 clutch so we'll see how their clutches hold up in this lsd.

Comment

I got all the bearings, races, etc needed for a diff rebuild to supply to my builder from diffsonline. They were the right parts, assembly went off without a hitch, diff's great 👍 This place is actually one of the only places I know of where you can source the bearings for a 210mm M diff rebuild, so I would think they're pretty legit. Almost every diff builder around SoCal that I called when I was looking for someone to do my rebuild laughed at me and said "sure I'll do it if you can source the parts, but good luck". Didn't take long to find diffsonline, though, it's almost as if all these diff experts have never heard of the internet. Sure enough, once I got the parts most of them backed off and said they wouldn't be comfortable doing it
              Last edited by ATB88; 04-23-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post
                I got all the bearings, races, etc needed for a full diff rebuild to supply to my builder from diffsonline. They were the right parts, assembly went off without a hitch, diff's great 👍 This place is actually one of the only places I know of where you can source the bearings for a 210mm M diff rebuild, so I would think they're pretty legit. Almost every diff builder around SoCal that I called when I was looking for someone to do my rebuild laughed at me and said "sure I'll do it if you can source the parts, but good luck". Didn't take long to find diffsonline, though, it's almost as if all these diff experts have never heard of the internet. Sure enough, once I got the parts most of them backed off and said they wouldn't be comfortable doing it
                Did you upgrade to ramps option?
                do you mind sharing cost?

Comment

Did you upgrade to ramps option?
                  do you mind sharing cost?
                  Oh, no, nothing like that. This was a simple stock rebuild: just bearings and seals. I shouldn't have used the word full, my bad. The gears and LSD unit remained untouched as this is a low mileage road car and I don't track, so they'll last -- the rebuild was only necessary because I overtorqued my pinion nut like an idiot and wrecked the pinion bearings. I think I paid $400-$500 for all the parts in the end.

One guy I did talk to when researching was Marc at Bavarian Workshop down here in SoCal: I told him I got my parts from diffsonline and he seemed to know the guy who runs diffsonline (Dan) and vouched that they do good work. Marc was one of the only guys near LA who was up for tackling one of these diffs to begin with, and it sounded like he works on them often and knows his stuff. Fwiw.

Comment

Can't go wrong with diffonline.

Attached is the parts list for a full rebuild for those interested in getting the right parts to their builder or diy a diff rebuild.

A couple notes if you source parts yourself or for a diff builder to do:
                    For output flanges there might be additional part numbers that work.
                    My diff builder did not need to use any of the shims with the ZF LSD.
                    Diff builder had to order an extra crush sleeve as these are one time use.

Comment

Anyone using these diffs?
                      any comments on quality?
                      anyone tracking these, if so how r they holding up?
                      https://www.racingdiffs.com/bmw/
                      I was looking into rebuilding my diff and was wondering the same thing about racingdiffs.com.

Did you end up purchasing/installing their kit?

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Oh, no, nothing like that. This was a simple stock rebuild: just bearings and seals. I shouldn't have used the word full, my bad. The gears and LSD unit remained untouched as this is a low mileage road car and I don't track, so they'll last -- the rebuild was only necessary because I overtorqued my pinion nut like an idiot and wrecked the pinion bearings. I think I paid $400-$500 for all the parts in the end.

One guy I did talk to when researching was Marc at Bavarian Workshop down here in SoCal: I told him I got my parts from diffsonline and he seemed to know the guy who runs diffsonline (Dan) and vouched that they do good work. Marc was one of the only guys near LA who was up for tackling one of these diffs to begin with, and it sounded like he works on them often and knows his stuff. Fwiw.
                        Thanks for the info, it'll come in handy later. 👍
                        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I've run Diffsonline parts before and they didn't break with heavy track/auto-x use. No experience with racingdiffs, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post
                            I've run Diffsonline parts before and they didn't break with heavy track/auto-x use. No experience with racingdiffs, sorry.
                            +1 for diffsonline.

Comment

I went with an adjustable ZF-based LSD from RacingDiffs - went with 1.5way (50*/65* ramps, 45%/25% lock) as the base setting, although it has multiple configurations that can be set by disassembling and changing crosspin location and clutch stack order. It was $1065 shipped to my door. Diffsonline certainly has the best reputation, but I couldn't justify their diff at literally 3x the cost for the same basic specification.

Only done one track day and a bunch of canyons in it, but so far so good. I was worried about creating off-throtlte understeer with too tight a diff which is why I went with a 1.5way, but so far it's working exactly as expected. I'm monitoring individual wheel speeds in the ECU and I can see that the diff is essentially open on decel, but locks up nicely as soon as you get on power, just what I was looking for. Absolutely zero noise as well, running straight Motul Gear Competition as they recommend. The car is way more predictible on throttle now and the diff locks up instantly, and certainly has more traction, all as expected. My factory M-diff was always pretty slow to lock up but after 130k miles became essentially almost fully open, not to mention all the groaning noises it would make when cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X