PNP Upgraded Injectors for NA Build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNP Upgraded Injectors for NA Build?

Just finished my engine build and made a respectable 370whp on a mustang dyno which is excellent but my flow matched stock injectors are maxed out and I need to upgrade to something with more flow. I was recommended at least 440cc like the bosch green giant as well as 550cc but am looking to see if there are any options that are a direct fit to replace the stock ones in terms of fit and connector type as I don't want to have to run adapters or reengineer the electrical rail harness. They need to be the same spray pattern as stock as well so the car will idle properly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an NA build that sees street usage? I don't want any bs with fuel trims when not at WOT. I know injector dynamics is a go to for S54 but they are way too big for an NA car.
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Nice number, looks like you owe lang an apology LOL!!

Just kidding 🤠
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
      Nice number, looks like you owe lang an apology LOL!!

Just kidding 🤠
      Lol I don't think it would have made these numbers if I didn't have my local machinist catch the leaking valves before I had him swap them. But I will give Lang's machinist credit for the pocket porting.

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

Corey, what are the ones I have on mine? Welcome to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

- New Guy Here*

Been looking into this as well as I'm wanting to run Flex Fuel in the future at some point.

I came across the 225 8N Audi TT (0280156063), uses EV6 style injectors just like us. I have no dimensions to say how close they resemble the OE injector fitment but visually they look very close. Rated at 386cc it should bring you down atleast 17-20% IDC comparing to the stock rated 268cc.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnother46M3 View Post
            - New Guy Here*

Been looking into this as well as I'm wanting to run Flex Fuel in the future at some point.

I came across the 225 8N Audi TT (0280156063), uses EV6 style injectors just like us. I have no dimensions to say how close they resemble the OE injector fitment but visually they look very close. Rated at 386cc it should bring you down atleast 17-20% IDC comparing to the stock rated 268cc.
            Good lead but it looks like the nozzle is slightly different which may lead to a different spray pattern or location. That would be my concern

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tip is the same, If you look BMW puts the O-Ring on the Plastic Housing.

That Audi Injector just has a small ring/cap on the tip to hold the O-Ring down on the nozzle probably for a slightly smaller O-Ring. Slide the Cap and O-Ring off and it'll look just like the standard EV6 used in the S54.

S54 use a 0280156052, you can also get 0280156012 (440cc) Porsche Inj

Same Family of injector.
              Last edited by JustAnother46M3; 02-15-2022, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Spray pattern must be the same as OEM I am being told or you will require quite a bit of tuning to get the car to idle properly. Imagine most of you would not want to deal with that.

Comment

I can't imagine Bosch making different spray patterns for the same injectors in a family.

I'm 99.99% sure this is as close to the OEM S54 Injector as you will get.

Also the spray pattern doesnt need to be the exact same. The main concern is just a quality injector with a good spray pattern offering good atomization and mixture.
                  Last edited by JustAnother46M3; 02-15-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Paging Paulclaude...

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                      Spray pattern must be the same as OEM I am being told or you will require quite a bit of tuning to get the car to idle properly. Imagine most of you would not want to deal with that.
                      Is it not as simple as re-scaling the global injector factor?

Very interested in this since I was planning to refresh my injectors soon anyway. the OE bosch ones seem to be out of stock everywhere and cleaning my original ones cost almost the same as new ones.

Maybe ill find some used old Audi TT injectors to test fit

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnother46M3 View Post
                        Tip is the same, If you look BMW puts the O-Ring on the Plastic Housing.

That Audi Injector just has a small ring/cap on the tip to hold the O-Ring down on the nozzle probably for a slightly smaller O-Ring. Slide the Cap and O-Ring off and it'll look just like the standard EV6 used in the S54.

S54 use a 0280156052, you can also get 0280156012 (440cc) Porsche Inj

Same Family of injector.
                        Do you know if the Porsche injector (Bosch #62625) is the same length and plug and play with our car? I can't find dimensions anywhere.

Comment

Those porsche 996T injectors are 'plug and play' in terms of physical install, I ran them for a while on my charged M3. The spray pattern is different (conical vs V) though but I had no issue dialling the the idle.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                            Those porsche 996T injectors are 'plug and play' in terms of physical install, I ran them for a while on my charged M3. The spray pattern is different (conical vs V) though but I had no issue dialling the the idle.
                            Perfect! Even Bosch couldn't give me the specs to confirm I had the right part number. Lol.

So I just found these a minute ago that claim they are plug and play for S54. Honestly I think its the same Bosch Porsche injector that has been flow matched. Can you confirm that these are both the so called "Porsche" injector that fits stock rail for S54? Non-flow matched is half the price, but if I were to get that done second hand it comes out to close to the same amount so probably will just go with the ones below.

Use this injector for a highly modified - turbo-/super-charged M52, M54, S54 L6 engine. Price listed is per injector. Mutiple injectors are delivered in flow-matched sets of your desired quantity. This Bosch injector set fits the OEM fuel rail and intake for the BMW as well as many other U.S. Domestic and European cars; Supercharged Mini Cooper 1.6, and Audi/VW 1.8 engine, Porsche 911 Turbo FLOW CHART: Each set is sold with a complete flow-data chart indicating individual dynamic and static flow rates at 3, 3.5, and 4 BAR at 25%, 50% and 100% for each injector, along with dead time (latency) at 14 volts. Flow matching was done with industry-standard equipment of the highest quality.The tests were performed at varying temperatures to achieve realistic results.Linear tuning with excellent low-end, and idle rpm.Our injectors are custom-manufactured from brand new American-made fuel injector "cores" in small-quantity batches to achieve the highest quality product. The resulting sets are all-fuels rated; including gasoline (MTBE), and E-85. The finished injectors are then flowed and inscribed with a control number. Data is recorded for each injector. They are then hermetically-sealed and placed in matched sets ready for shipping. You don't get this kind of technology from an OE injector. You receive the highest quality fuel injectors for superstreet and racing applications. As part of our quality control, each injector has been marked/inscribbed by our technician with an individual control number and is part of a unique flow-matched set. Fiveomotorsport is a respected name in high performance and racing fuel injectors. This Generation III composite fuel injector is better suited to the high pressures of modern engines over the old fused plastic/metal body injectors. This Bosch fuel injector has excellent high and low pulse width response times within 2% down to 2 ms.These sets are very consistant and will require no more than 1% trim for easy tuning with accurate compensation. Injector: EV6, Saturated, filteredConnector type: MinitimerInjector Dimensions: Overall length, 64 mm, Dead Time (latency): 0.75 ms at 14 voltsResistance: 12.8-14.5 OhmsVoltage: 8-15 Volts, Nominal 13.5 VoltsPressure: Min. 36 PSI (2.5 bar),  Max. 130 PSI (9 bar)All O-rings Included for installation - Viton, 14 mm upper, lower

Comment

Yup, the 996T injectors fit without modification. I can't comment on the FiveO ones though, but the length matches the 996T injector I have in my hand.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the flow matched units unless you've got an EGT probe installed per cylinder to actually allow you to dial individual cylinders in properly as the airflow to each cylinder isnt equal anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X