Tool Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool Deals

Idk if this’ll be helpful for anyone or how successful this thread will be, but I figured I’d give it a try. Been buying a bunch of new tools lately, since I had a bunch of tools stolen a couple of months ago. I thought I’d share some of the deals I’ve been taking advantage of.

Here’s a Precision Instruments 3/8” split beam torque wrench for $112 on Amazon.

Edit: Looks like none of the Milwaukee tool deals I got are active. Still have some M12 tools I need to get, so I’ll share deals as I come across them.
    Last edited by SQ13; 02-15-2022, 06:48 PM.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Ridgid 1/2” mid torque impact wrench w/ battery for $150
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...SB2N/316087389

Milwaukee M12 Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with Compact Inflator. Add the 3/8” ratchet as your free gift. The kit with inflator ends up being $199 and ratchet is $99. Return one or the other if you’d like, and you keep the item you want at the discounted price (look up HD Milwaukee “hack”).
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...5-20/314964543
    Last edited by SQ13; 02-15-2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Not exactly a deal (actually the opposite in some cases), but I recently found out FCP sells tools. Kinda awesome to have a no questions asked replacement warranty on a tool.

e.g.:
      https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/3-p...ipex-002006us2
      https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/cte...er-ctek-40-206

Sidenote: Got those Knipex plier wrenches as a gift today and they're absolutely awesome. Don't think there will be too many situations where I'll be reaching for a crescent wrench instead of those.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Dude I love those Knipex pliers.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          Not exactly a deal (actually the opposite in some cases), but I recently found out FCP sells tools. Kinda awesome to have a no questions asked replacement warranty on a tool.

e.g.:
          https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/3-p...ipex-002006us2
          https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/cte...er-ctek-40-206

Sidenote: Got those Knipex plier wrenches as a gift today and they're absolutely awesome. Don't think there will be too many situations where I'll be reaching for a crescent wrench instead of those.
          Pliers wrenches are awesome. They make the antiquated crescent wrench obsolete because they don't slip and apply force evenly across the flats of the fastener hence no rounding. The joint design also enables you to use them in a ratcheting fashion.

Of the hundred or so knipex I own they are among my favorites. Look into the jaw protectors and also the bent handle 10" version which are superb when wrenching with two at the same time. I still collect well made adjustables but more so for the novelty.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Holy shit, $180 for a set of pliers. That’s more than I’m willing to pay rn, but they’re def fancy af.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
              Holy shit, $180 for a set of pliers. That’s more than I’m willing to pay rn, but they’re def fancy af.
              Yeah, I'm glad they were a gift!
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Knipex doesn't make anything thats junk, I love mine.
                '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                  They're not a set of pliers, they're Knipex. I use mine almost daily and there is no other brand that even comes close to competing. They are worth $180. You'd be absolutely amazed at what these things can grip.

For all of you on the fence about Knipex, get them and never worry about buying another set. They're an amazing German tool company like Hazet.

Also Precision Instruments makes alot of the OEM tools for manufacturers. Porsche has them as special tools. These are top tier tools. Get them on sale when you can find them.
                  This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Good deal on this shop stool. $11.25

Comment

I noticed that FCP sells rubber gloves.... is anyone so shiesty as to return them? LOL

Comment

I wouldn’t put it past the people who mail back motor oil.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I mail back motor oil.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                            I noticed that FCP sells rubber gloves.... is anyone so shiesty as to return them? LOL
                            They are considered 1-time use and are not eligible for warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                              They are considered 1-time use and are not eligible for warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              That's not what they say. They say EVERYTHING is available to return, except something you can't get back like fuel addtitive or silicone sealant. They said if they sold tires you could return them haha. Kinda crazy. I think they're banking on people not abusing the system and instead using it for its real purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X