No announcement yet.

OEM square setup - spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, it's the 18" style 67 I'm referring to. They are rubbing with a 265/35 tyre and 12mm spacer

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
      I ran square 67s with 265 RS3's and didn't rub at all.

Don't do what BC Racing recommends LOL

And FYI, I had no spacers up front, in the rear I ran a 12.5mm spacer to flush it out.
      What do you mean what BC recommends?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
        The 265 sidewalls are fat on the 18x9 square setups. I ran the same setup and rubbed with any spacers in the rear. I also had rolled fenders. They always scrubbed the tab in the bumper. Id suggest rolling your fenders and getting in there to see where its rubbing and trim as necessary if you are dead set on running a more aggressive offset.
        What the least aggressive offset I can get away with to make it still okay for fast road?

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
          I don't see that the Avon ZZR is available in 19" so we must be talking 18" here..
          You were right!

I don't see how you have rubbing with smaller than stock tire on a stock wheel unless your alignment is really fvcked.

Not just camber, but toe. Too much toe in (rears toe in when you lower car) will cause the back of the wheel to flare out a bit and cause rubbing at the back of the fender.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

You were right!

I don't see how you have rubbing with smaller than stock tire on a stock wheel unless your alignment is really fvcked.

Not just camber, but toe. Too much toe in (rears toe in when you lower car) will cause the back of the wheel to flare out a bit and cause rubbing at the back of the fender.
            Stock on the 18" is 255/35 I have 265/35... I assume the 10mm might negate the rubbing if I moved to that size tyre with a 12mm spacer.

What would be an ideal rear camber and toe for this to ensure fitment? Just a little bit of toe in and negative camber? What sort of figures?

My rubbing is on the outer arches

Comment

Stock is 255/40/18 or 255/35/19

265/35/18 is proper upsize for 18.

You'll want a little toe in. Forgot exact minutes BMW specs. Think it's like 3 or 4/64th " total.

Camber? Max for what the chopsticks will handle which is like -1.8 or -2 iirc. If you have RACP plates added in, max camber is less, like -1.5 or so and you'll likely want aftermarket arms or CMP bushings to raise subframe.
              Last edited by Tbonem3; 02-25-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Stock is 255/40/18 or 255/35/19

265/35/18 is proper upsize for 18.

You'll want a little toe in. Forgot exact minutes BMW specs. Think it's like 3 or 4/64th " total.

Camber? Max for what the chopsticks will handle which is like -1.8 or -2 iirc. If you have RACP plates added in, max camber is less, like -1.5 or so and you'll likely want aftermarket arms or CMP bushings to raise subframe.
                I have RACP plates so I assume I can only go 1.5
                will that have much detriment to the handling?

I have around negative 2.8 at the front to account for fitting the wider (square 9j), I expect I need a little toe out too

Comment

Toe in or out is more of a preference, with regards to the front. I like toe out. Neutral is fine.

-1.5 in the rear is fine. I meant it more for fitment, not performance.

Comment

These tires are semi slicks? So a 265 is closer to 275 if not more... Based on revolutions per mile I googled, they run tall (less than 800 revs).
                    I've rubbed 255/40 on stock 18x9 with 12mm spacers when I was running too low.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X