No announcement yet.

NEW M3 OWNER! Help me get her perfect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the purchase! They really are awesome cars.

As others have said, these prices are a bit excessive. I'm a novice on the mechanical side and I have done all of these in my garage w/ basic tools. The diff is 2 bolts and fluid, how on earth are they charging $600 ???

find an indy or start to learn to do this stuff yourself, it will be helpful in the future. Order from FCP and you'll be in good shape.

Welcome and Enjoy!

Comment

I purchased mine at a similar mileage. First thing I did was get the vanos locked down and a valve adjustment. Plus swapping all the fluids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would love to know the actual failure rate of s54s from exhaust hub tab fractures. Other than that and replacing the cam gear/hub bolts, I never understood the preoccupation with the beisan kit that wouldn't be resolved with mindful, periodic maintenance. A repaired solenoid pack is not a guarantee, a new one is. Shims? Meh. Chain guide? Oe is fine. Perhaps I'm missing the value. I wouldn't care when looking at a used example.

The rod bearings shouldn't be a big deal, at least to me, because if the car's running then the condition is fine and can be done preventatively by the subsequent owner. I was around during the rod bearing debacle and my production was past the window. I still plan on doing them and I'm curious how they'll look.

The subframe can and will fail over time, however, some buyers looking at cars don't care while some do when looking at a vehicle. Will the car command a higher price? Sure, but if I was purchasing a used m3 I'd choose to reinforce it the way I deem fit rather than some janky kit from Turner for example and stating "the big three is done".
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I appreciate everyoneโ€™s advice! So I ended up having the dealership do an overall inspection and an oil change. Luckily the list of additional service they recommended was a brake fluid flush x BUT, I will be going to an independent and starting some preventive maintenance work!

Thank you guys for all the help!

Also, someone at the dealership was trying to buy the car! I love it, told them no way ๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Diff change is $160 and literally 2 bolts need to be removed. I would recommend doing most work yourself if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X