Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    Careful dogg
    Ignorance is truly bliss until reality sets in.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post

I half figured I was the only one old enough here to "get it".
      Negative Ghost Rider.
      Last edited by D-O; 03-08-2022, 02:23 PM.
      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
        Could thing I just bought a V10

... The i3 has been getting more use than ever recently. That said, going on a 12 hour road trip in a pickup truck on Friday, so... preparing to bleed some money.
        Manual? How much did you get it for, if you don’t mine me asking?

Comment

What I love is Europeans laughing at us for complaining about gas prices because they have been paying $7 per gallon for the last 20 years but fail to mention that’s because of the taxes imposed by their government to fund the free healthcare and education in the countries. Why, don’t you factor in what we pay for healthcare and education in the USA and compare to what you pay for gas.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

Negative Ghost Rider.
            Funny you post that as it's what I did for 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
              What I love is Europeans laughing at us for complaining about gas prices because they have been paying $7 per gallon for the last 20 years but fail to mention that’s because of the taxes imposed by their government to fund the free healthcare and education in the countries. Why, don’t you factor in what we pay for healthcare and education in the USA and compare to what you pay for gas.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.
              Pretty sure the countries that have public (no one calls it "free") healthcare and/or education raise the money primarily through other taxes and not those rolled into the price consumers pay at the pump. But if you can point to a specific example that would be enlightening! We for the most part pay less at the pump here because we simply are the top producer of oil in the world and don't have to buy as much from other nations (e.g. Russia) at their markups
              Last edited by lemoose; 03-08-2022, 04:17 PM.
              2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

Pretty sure the countries that have public (no one calls it "free") healthcare and/or education raise the money primarily through other taxes and not those rolled into the price consumers pay at the pump. But if you can point to a specific example that would be enlightening! We for the most part pay less at the pump here because we simply are the top producer of oil in the world and don't have to buy as much from other nations (e.g. Russia) at their markups
                The highest combined federal/state gas tax is around $0.70/gal. In Germany the tax is 0.65 euro/liter. That’s something like $2.68/gallon just in tax.

Comment

Sorry, free / public what’s the difference other then your disagreement of terminology. Your correct that gas taxes are not the only thing that funds those public services but the gas taxes do contribute to it.

While Europe and other countries do not pay for healthcare and education, in the United States we pay a pretty penny for it. The gas taxes in the United States are nothing compared to the gas taxes in Europe. Which is why I said, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post

The highest combined federal/state gas tax is around $0.70/gal. In Germany the tax is 0.65 euro/liter. That’s something like $2.68/gallon just in tax.
                    Right- not disputing that they pay less in pump gas tax- just questioning where the taxes originate from and what they go towards.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post

Thank you. The funniest thing is that Germany’s gas tax is not that high compared to other countries like the Netherlands, Italy, France or Finland but like Lemoose said it’s not because of taxes it’s because they don’t produce it.

Comment

Sorry, free / public what’s the difference other then your disagreement of terminology. Your correct that gas taxes are not the only thing that funds those public services but the gas taxes do contribute to it.

While Europe and other countries do not pay for healthcare and education, in the United States we pay a pretty penny for it. The gas taxes in the United States are nothing compared to the gas taxes in Europe. Which is why I said, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
                        idk man without a specific example of a country that appropriates some chunk of gas pump tax towards edu/health, this just sounds like spitballing to me

Thank you. The funniest thing is that Germany’s gas tax is not that high compared to other countries like the Netherlands, Italy, France or Finland but like Lemoose said it’s not because of taxes it’s because they don’t produce it.
                        look up nord stream. you took what I said about a reason US has lower gas prices and ghetto rigged a straw man for me that explains whats going in in Germany when I hadn't said anything to that subject lol
                        Last edited by lemoose; 03-08-2022, 04:50 PM.

Comment

idk man without a specific example of a country that appropriates some chunk of gas pump tax towards edu/health, this just sounds like spitballing to me
                          I am sorry, I am not turning this into another Mitsubishi Mirage argument. I don’t feel like looking up Germany’s governmental accounting to determine exactly where the gas tax money goes. Bottom line is, it goes to the government which in turn funds public services whatever they may be.

look up nord stream. you took what I said about a reason US has lower gas prices and ghetto rigged a straw man for me that explains whats going in in Germany when I hadn't said anything to that subject lol
                          I didn’t ghetto rig anything. You jumped on my comment about how differences in gas prices between the United States and Europe was due to production:

We for the most part pay less at the pump here because we simply are the top producer of oil in the world and don't have to buy as much from other nations (e.g. Russia) at their markups

which is not case since a massive chunk of the gas cost in Europe is tax. If you remove the significant gas tax and bring it line with the US gas tax, the gas price between the US and Europe would not be that significant.

Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 03-08-2022, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I am sorry, I am not turning this into another Mitsubishi Mirage argument. I don’t feel like looking up Germany’s governmental accounting to determine exactly where the gas tax money goes. Bottom line is, it goes to the government which in turn funds public services whatever they may be.

I didn’t ghetto rig anything. You jumped on my comment about how differences in gas prices between the United States and Europe was due to production which is not case since a massive chunk of the gas cost in Europe is tax. If you remove the significant gas tax and bring it line with the US gas tax, the gas price between the US and Europe would not be that significant.

My dude, its right in front of you but you're looking right past it. The reason for higher gas taxes is because that is the cost that is passed onto the consumer by the state for the fact that they had to import it lol
                            Last edited by lemoose; 03-08-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Taco Bell is the only place where you can get Gas for $3
                              06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

I'm really happy I can run e85. Been saving a huge amount of money recently. Even with getting 30% worse mileage. I saw premium at $6.89 in Brea today. Scary times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1476.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	157916

Comment

Working...
                                X