Can anyone recommend a BMW indy shop in Washington DC area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend a BMW indy shop in Washington DC area

Can anyone recommend a good BMW indy shop in the Washington DC area? Looking at buying a 5 series and wanted to get a proper PPI done. Thanks.

Roughly where in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
      Roughly where in the area?
      Ehh good question, I believe the seller mentioned he was just south of Washington DC if that means anything.
      Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 03-12-2022, 04:45 AM.

Comment

RRT is expensive but top notch.

I also hear good things about Craftsman Auto Care.

I take my car to York Automotive in Mt Airy, MD, but it would be a hike from DC.

Comment

Martin Motorsports in Alexandria. Owner Gary Martin has done two PPIs for me, he's an enthusiast and knows what to look for. https://martinmotorsportsinc.com/about
          Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
            Martin Motorsports in Alexandria. Owner Gary Martin has done two PPIs for me, he's an enthusiast and knows what to look for. https://martinmotorsportsinc.com/about
            Thank you. How was your experience with the PPIs? Did the shop actually do a detailed PPI to catch any lurking problems or future repairs?

Comment

I agree - Martins in the South of DC.

Either bring a PPI Tech sheet of your choosing or ask for their PPI plus your specified areas of interest.

Comment

Thank you. How was your experience with the PPIs? Did the shop actually do a detailed PPI to catch any lurking problems or future repairs?
                Yes, once he found enough to stop me from making an offer. A second time (my current 02 Lemans) he found some things seller and I negotiated over. His policy is to have both buyer and seller present to promote transparency. Or at least was his policy, it's been a few years.

Craftsman is a good business as well, they are a sponsor for NCC DIY events. Good people.
                Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
                  I agree - Martins in the South of DC.

Either bring a PPI Tech sheet of your choosing or ask for their PPI plus your specified areas of interest.
                  Are they thorough with their PPIs?

I have ISTA so I will scan the car when I initially look at it. I have had some bad experiences going to dealers for PPIs because I feel the techs want to blow through the PPI. I have had on occasions been told that I the car was good come to find out that the car had all this repairs needed and was never notified about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post

Yes, once he found enough to stop me from making an offer. A second time (my current 02 Lemans) he found some things seller and I negotiated over. His policy is to have both buyer and seller present to promote transparency. Or at least was his policy, it's been a few years.

Craftsman is a good business as well, they are a sponsor for NCC DIY events. Good people.
                    Well I hope he permits the PPI without me being there, I am like 2.5hrs drive and don’t want to drive there just for the PPI where the results good be given over the phone. I will definitely give them a call tomorrow to get more information.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Are they thorough with their PPIs?

I have ISTA so I will scan the car when I initially look at it. I have had some bad experiences going to dealers for PPIs because I feel the techs want to blow through the PPI. I have had on occasions been told that I the car was good come to find out that the car had all this repairs needed and was never notified about it.
                      They haven't done a PPI for me. I know them by good reputation.

To your question on thoroughness - that is why I recommended that you ask for their PPI plus whatever sheet you prefer. Here is one, as an example:

http://njbmwcca.org/wp-content/uploa...rm-V3-2022.pdf

You can add things to meet your interests.
                      Last edited by Estoril; 03-13-2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X