ZCP wheel fitment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZCP wheel fitment issues

Yes, I looked on the internet already. From my previous research it seemed pretty safe to run 15MM front and 12MM rear spacers lowered on ZCP wheels with no fender rolling and no rubbing. The front is not an issue. My rear ride height is at about 13 1/8" from middle of center cap to bottom of fender, so nothing crazy. It doesn't rub over regular bumps only larger ones and heavy compression. But when it does rub it seems to get it pretty good. If anything the driver side sits slightly higher with no driver and seems to be rubbing worse than the passenger side. Alignment is from when I had my previous set of wheels and I imagine more aggressive on camber than most people have so I'm not sure why I'm having this issue. Is there something stupid I'm missing here? Or will I have to suck it up and just run a less aggressive spacer? Tire is a 265/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and suspension is Ground Control street coilovers.

Untitled by jake ellegard, on Flickr

For reference I am running a 10 et25 with 275 rear so the wheel sticks out 8mm more, but you're running a 12mm spacer and 265's so it's actually about the same as far as the tire is concerned. Mine will rub under certain circumstances. Did you check the inside of your fender to see where it's rubbing? Maybe you can address it there.

Comment

Mps4s run wide. I have to run 10mm spacer, not 12mm, with my 265s.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Not sure about this forum but I remember on m3forum many people advised against 12mm in the rear. 10mm was said to be max spacer guaranteed to fit without rubbing with stock wheels and tires. You went with 12mm and you also have an oversized tire so it’s no surprise that it’s rubbing. I think even if you go down to 10mm your oversized tire might end up rubbing still because of your suspension setup. Also, maybe nitpicking here but the title is a little misleading as the issue has nothing to do with the fact that these are ZCP wheels as they have the exact same specs as standard 19” wheels. I’d say ‘12mm rear spacer and 265 tire rubbing issue’ would be more fitting if you want to get the attention of members who have experience with this setup. Good luck!
        Last edited by PetrolM3; 04-02-2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

What spring rates are you running in the rear?
          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
            For reference I am running a 10 et25 with 275 rear so the wheel sticks out 8mm more, but you're running a 12mm spacer and 265's so it's actually about the same as far as the tire is concerned. Mine will rub under certain circumstances. Did you check the inside of your fender to see where it's rubbing? Maybe you can address it there.
            I didn't want to have to roll my fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Mps4s run wide. I have to run 10mm spacer, not 12mm, with my 265s.
              Yeah, just glad I didn't go with 275s. I swapped for some 5mm's I had available and will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpower04 View Post

I didn't want to have to roll my fenders.
                As 02_lsb asked above, what springs/shocks are you running? More bump stop could help keep it extended.

As for the fenders, my fenders are not the same left to right. The left one has a piece that juts out inside and could easily be rolled without damaging anything.

Comment

Last edited by Mpower04; 04-03-2022, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I’m running 285s in the rear on BBS CHRs 10.5” / Michelin Pilot Super Sport. No spacers. No issues.
                    Last edited by 02_lsb; 04-02-2022, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                      What spring rates are you running in the rear?
                      550#/in

Comment

550#/in
                        It’s kind of soft. You either need to raise the car or get stiffer springs.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                          I’m running 285s in the rear on BBS CHRs 10.5” / Michelin Pilot Super Sport. No spacers. No issues.
                          My previous setup was 18x10 ET27 rears with a 285 RS4 and it rubbed on heavy compression.

Comment

My previous setup was 18x10 ET27 rears with a 285 RS4 and it rubbed on heavy compression.
                            for normal driving I would wager it is fine, but if you’re out doing “dumb stuff” - it’ll rub. Raise the car or get stiffer springs.

Comment

Working...
                            X