Megan Racing headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan Racing headers

Here's the link to the 100 page thread about the Megan headers. Good product with good service.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

10 posts per page...so annoying! lol

I still have the Megan headers paired to the BW full race exhaust. I have them swaintech coated. I'm pretty sure it contributed to lower coolant and oil temps. I dyno'd at 316whp with a canned tune from Evolve. I've since flashed in a PCS tune, haven't dyno'd yet.

They went on pretty easily. Fitment was spot on, no complaints so far.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
      10 posts per page...so annoying! lol

I still have the Megan headers paired to the BW full race exhaust. I have them swaintech coated. I'm pretty sure it contributed to lower coolant and oil temps. I dyno'd at 316whp with a canned tune from Evolve. I've since flashed in a PCS tune, haven't dyno'd yet.

They went on pretty easily. Fitment was spot on, no complaints so far.
      Did the O2 sensor wiring harness have to be extended or were they a direct fit? I am keeping the stock exhaust, and only replacing the headers. I also just got mine back from Swaintech I got the white lightning coating. Hoping everything is a direct fit.

Comment

No, fit fine at least for the front sensors.

The bungs are in the same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

M3Forum.net archives giving me the feels

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJames View Post

Did the O2 sensor wiring harness have to be extended or were they a direct fit? I am keeping the stock exhaust, and only replacing the headers. I also just got mine back from Swaintech I got the white lightning coating. Hoping everything is a direct fit.
            It changes where the post cat sensors are routed, but it's not like you need them. I simply keep them as seals. The EGT will be stretched but will connect. I cut the wires off the sensor and use that as the seal.

Comment

Any idea why they stopped selling these? Did AA sue them or something? 😅

Comment

i still have these on my car...had them ceramic coated before hand. also paired them with STG 100cel high-flow cats in the section 1 (get rid of the catless smell), stock section 2 and Rogue Engineering El Diablo section 3 all with a Build Journal tune....runs strong!

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
                  i still have these on my car...had them ceramic coated before hand. also paired them with STG 100cel high-flow cats in the section 1 (get rid of the catless smell), stock section 2 and Rogue Engineering El Diablo section 3 all with a Build Journal tune....runs strong!
                  What are the cats you used, any chance you could provide a link?
                  '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                  All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
                    Any idea why they stopped selling these? Did AA sue them or something? 😅
                    They can still be bought through their Ebay for 400-550

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

They can still be bought through their Ebay for 400-550
                      Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not seeing anything. Got a link perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not seeing anything. Got a link perchance?
                        Found this.
                        Package Contents: Megan Racing Stainless Steel Header - MR-SSH-BE46M3   Application Fitment Guide: Model: Years: For BMW M3 (E46 LHD ONLY) 2000-2006   Megan Racing Stainless Steel Headers are made of thick T-304 Stainless Steel and are mandrel-bent to form and fit your particular application with the best performance r

The ebay ones sell pretty quick and they usually only sell 50 at a time a few times a year. Looks like they're sold out right now. If you message the person with the listing for the Megan Racing Sec 1 & 2 on eBay they'll tell when they're expecting more inventory.

Comment

I don’t think AA makes their headers in house. I’d bet that they are rebadged Megan’s with a fancy AA emblem welded to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post

What are the cats you used, any chance you could provide a link?
                            // Our 2001-06 BMW E46 M3 "Catted" Section 1s are made from the same mandrel bent Polished T-304 Stainless Steel with CNC Machined Flanges like all of our Exhaust products and feature our Limited Lifetime Warranty. We only use Catalytic Converters made by Magnaflow. The Magnaflow Converters are 49 state legal, OBDI and OBDII EPA Compliant, and feature Full Stainless Steel Construction. 02 bungs are pre-installed Post Cat and allow for the Factory O2 Sensors and wiring (No Cutting Required). . EGT bung is available as an Option. Section 1 - Section 2 Gaskets included. ID of piping is 60mm or 2.36". Our Section 1 is Fully TIG welded and made in the USA. *Please note these are made to order and build time takes about 2-4 weeks after placing order.* * For Off Road or Race Use Only *  

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                              I don’t think AA makes their headers in house. I’d bet that they are rebadged Megan’s with a fancy AA emblem welded to it.
                              The thread is gone with M3forum but that actually was confirmed. The first three batches were exactly AA headers made in the same factory. Then the thread was lost. The first batch seemed to be AA rejects because the flanges to the head were welded in the wrong direction. Megan Racing fixed them all no questions asked, and paid for shipping. Mine is from the second batch and I only know of two where the flanges were slightly off. One guy bored it out slightly and the other sent them back. There were at least 30 of us in the second batch.

Comment

Working...
                              X