Possible Interior Rattle Solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Interior Rattle Solutions?

Hey everyone, I know interior rattle is generally just a thing with these car considering age and wear and tear but was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks that can help deafen some of the common rattle associated, Thanks !

You'll need to be more specific on where any given rattle sound is coming from.

Comment

I'd be interested if anyone has good techniques for locating the source of rattles. I have been thinking of asking a friend to sit in the passenger seat and backseat while we cruise to triangulate the source 🤷‍♂️
      2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
      ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post
        I'd be interested if anyone has good techniques for locating the source of rattles. I have been thinking of asking a friend to sit in the passenger seat and backseat while we cruise to triangulate the source 🤷‍♂️
        I did exactly that many years ago when something from the rear was rattling and I couldn't pinpoint it for the life of me. So, I put the seats down, threw my buddy in the trunk and drove around. He found it.

Comment

Rattles are fun in almost 20 year old cars...

Felt tape is your friend. Wherever you think something might rub or is rattling, felt tape is going to go leaps and bounds.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post
            So, I put the seats down, threw my buddy in the trunk and drove around. He found it.
            Where I grew up in Jersey, we used to put people in the trunk for different reasons than rattles.
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue​

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Where I grew up in Jersey, we used to put people in the trunk for different reasons than rattles.
              LOL! Instantly popped in my mind... Joe Pesci in the opening scene of "Goodfellas" where the dude in the trunk groans one time too many...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo's M View Post

LOL! Instantly popped in my mind... Joe Pesci in the opening scene of "Goodfellas" where the dude in the trunk groans one time too many...
                "You think I’m funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?”

Hell of a good movie!
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue​

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

hahahahaha

Comment

I've put people in trunks and literally gotten airborne over a jump. For fun. To be 17 again...

Comment

I have a rattle on the driver side door speaker. I'm too lazy too fix it but it's starting to get annoying. I remember this was a common issue.

Comment

I have a few but never paid attention where they are coming from, I know my drivers side window rattles.

Going back to stock exhaust so I guess I'm going to notice them a lot more now.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
                          I have a few but never paid attention where they are coming from, I know my drivers side window rattles.

Going back to stock exhaust so I guess I'm going to notice them a lot more now.
                          Ugh mine rattles too anytime it’s halfway down

Comment

Tennis ball in the door compartment….might work. Ive heard it working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
                              Ugh mine rattles too anytime it’s halfway down
                              You probably need a new window regulator.

Comment

Working...
                              X