M-Track Mode Intervening on Straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-Track Mode Intervening on Straight?

At Summit Point right now and experiencing a weird behavior from what I think is the traction control.

I have M Track mode coded and was using it. On the main straight while on full power and going into a compression it feels like the car was applying brake?

Makes no sense. Anyone ever experienced this?

I experienced something like this before but it was the cracks in the rear floor pan that was causing the backend to move thus kicking in the traction control. After sorting out the cracks it was good again.

Comment

Where specifically on the straight is this happening? Are you running very stiff suspension? Is traction control flashing when it happens?

Consider turning DSC completely off and see if you get the same effect. (Do NOT turn DSC off/on while you are driving)
      Last edited by Estoril; 04-15-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
        Where specifically on the straight is this happening? Are you running very stiff suspension? Is traction control flashing when it happens?

Consider turning DSC completely off and see if you get the same effect. (Do NOT turn DSC off/on while you are driving)
        DSC was flashing.

Plan to disable it next session.

Read codes and got these.

Pressure sensors make sense since I just changed em. The rotation rate sensor I think is the Yaw sensor?

Comment

With DSC flashing is obviously DSC via some sensor means. You aren't running brand new tires, are you? You can turn DSC off with the button - right?

Comment

With DSC flashing is obviously DSC via some sensor means. You aren't running brand new tires, are you? You can turn DSC off with the button - right?
            Update. Turned DSC off with the button and it stopped happening.

Codes popped up again during the last session. SMG also complaining about lateral acceleration sensor….

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Update. Turned DSC off with the button and it stopped happening.

Codes popped up again during the last session. SMG also complaining about lateral acceleration sensor….
              I thought DSC off might clear it. I'd clear all codes (if you can) and run sans DSC. (Just watch T-4 and don't lift in T-10). Quick hands.

Can't lend advice on the SMG sensor issue.

Comment

I thought DSC off might clear it. I'd clear all codes (if you can) and run sans DSC. (Just watch T-4 and don't lift in T-10). Quick hands.

Can't lend advice on the SMG sensor issue.
                thanks! I cleared all the codes and they reset themselves after each start

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                  On the main straight while on full power and going into a compression it feels like the car was applying brake?
                  You didn't describe where on the straight it's happening? Admittedly, I'm not sure what you mean by "going into compression" do you mean adding throttle coming out of 10 or going to brake into 1? If you turn it all off, I'll second what Estoril mentioned and also note be especially smooth adding throttle coming out of 9. Assuming you're running with NASA on Summit Main. I briefly had some wacky intermittent issues with traction control even on the street. Same codes, I resolved by putting in new abs press sensors on the master cyl.

Comment

Originally posted by R717 View Post

You didn't describe where on the straight it's happening? Admittedly, I'm not sure what you mean by "going into compression" do you mean adding throttle coming out of 10 or going to brake into 1? If you turn it all off, I'll second what Estoril mentioned and also note be especially smooth adding throttle coming out of 9. Assuming you're running with NASA on Summit Main. I briefly had some wacky intermittent issues with traction control even on the street. Same codes, I resolved by putting in new abs press sensors on the master cyl.
                    Its right after the main straight. What i mean by going into compression is you can visually see the cars on stock suspension dip into the bump.

I’ve run Summit a dozen times and never felt this bump after start/finish.

The pressure sensor codes didn’t come back. Just the yaw sensor one.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the support this weekend. After disabling the DSC the weekend went much smoother! No more weird rear end on the main straight.

The following codes kept coming back every time I pitted out though:

DSC:

5E38: ABS-DSC Rotation rate sensor

SMG:
                      99: SMG Evaluation, transversal acceleration via CAN

Are these codes linked? Does the smg use the same yaw sensor as the DSC?

Also any way to avoid dumping $1000 on a f’ing sensor?!?

Comment

You have an abs sensor issue it appears. If any of the dsc required sensors are out of wack you are going to have issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Working...
                        X