Noise when clutch engage. Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise when clutch engage. Please help!!

Here is the youtube link, anyone here has this experence before. Mainly every time I hit the engagement point and release gas and gas again. When I raise up the car noise from near by the tranny, but inside the car noise from rear driver side. Sometimes bumpy road had the noise too, inspected bushing from driveshft and fiexdisc all look good. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Is your front diff bolt tight? Mine sounded similar when it failed.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I dont think so, i already take off the driveshaft for inspection, and reassemble everyting. Should be tight

Comment

Originally posted by alex8831 View Post
        https://youtu.be/drIqnjUBPdM

Here is the youtube link, anyone here has this experence before. Mainly every time I hit the engagement point and release gas and gas again. When I raise up the car noise from near by the tranny, but inside the car noise from rear driver side. Sometimes bumpy road had the noise too, inspected bushing from driveshft and fiexdisc all look good. PLEASE HELP!!!!
        In the video the driveshaft was spinning and never stopped or slow down, so during the whole time was the clutch fully engaged and the clunk noise only happened when the gas pedal increased or decreased?
        Did you double check the diff mounting bolts are not loose?

Comment

On the video i have my friend do the clutch engage and disengage. The noise is happen when the clutch is engage and gas pedal increase. I will check the diff mounting bolts later and see. I have someone check out the vehicle, he said might the dual mess flywheel defected, is that possible too?

Comment

Originally posted by alex8831 View Post
            On the video i have my friend do the clutch engage and disengage. The noise is happen when the clutch is engage and gas pedal increase. I will check the diff mounting bolts later and see. I have someone check out the vehicle, he said might the dual mess flywheel defected, is that possible too?
            If he disengaged the clutch then why the shafts were all spinning non stop or low down?
            Normally a lightly more backlash DMF can cause a noise but not like this, unless this one has 90 deg or more backlash which is very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

If he disengaged the clutch then why the shafts were all spinning non stop or low down?
              Normally a lightly more backlash DMF can cause a noise but not like this, unless this one has 90 deg or more backlash which is very bad.
              My friend just keep on pressing the clutch and hit the engagement point and release, he keep doing it and let me record the video

Comment

Bad axles(play between axles and splines/hub)? I have a similar noise that happens on engagement, my mechanic and I has narrowed it down to the axles.

My noise mainly happens when I engage first, and it can happen when engaging other gears when the momentum isn't correct.

Comment

Well, engage 5th gear (actually direct input to output with no gears in between) engine off, then get down under and turn the tranny output flange to see how much rotational backlash. This is the plays from DMF alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X