Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
    I can’t believe I’m gonna spend $72 on the studs. Oof
    Where are you ordering from? Don’t forget to order the air valve control gasket. I’d also order the exhaust seal rings and the corresponding torx bolts and copper nuts. I ended up dropping my entire system as one piece once disconnecting from my headers so I only had to replace one set of seals+bolts/nuts. My exhaust seals upon removal were absolute trash.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJames View Post

Where are you ordering from? Don’t forget to order the air valve control gasket. I’d also order the exhaust seal rings and the corresponding torx bolts and copper nuts. I ended up dropping my entire system as one piece once disconnecting from my headers so I only had to replace one set of seals+bolts/nuts. My exhaust seals upon removal were absolute trash.
      FCP. Deleted the SAP so I’m good there. This’ll be my fourth header install so it shouldn’t be difficult. I replace the seals and hardware every time.
      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJames View Post

Just as a heads up, the EGR gasket you have on order is 11727514860, however, RealOEM shows the part number as 11727505259 for the M3 - not sure if there's truly a difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EGR Gasket.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	170352

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I put a block off plate/new gasket on for the SAP and then coded it out. Most definitely makes it look like something is missing in the engine bay but you get the race car weight savings!
          In prep for my SS system install I’m looking at how to delete the SAP; would you be able to direct me to some good info on how to code this out? It seems one needs to disable the SAP DTCs but also the “cold start”? I’ve no experience coding on this car.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

In prep for my SS system install I’m looking at how to delete the SAP; would you be able to direct me to some good info on how to code this out? It seems one needs to disable the SAP DTCs but also the “cold start”? I’ve no experience coding on this car.
            You can use NCS, but I would recommend a much easier method using the MSS54 Binary Modification Tool:

Below is a list of downloads hosted by ECUWorx, the Binary Modification & Remap Tool will always be available from this page so be sure to grab the latest version from here. Recently Updated! – MSS65 / BMW E6x M5/M6 Binary Modification & Remap Tool BMW E6x M5/M6 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.6.3 (exe) BMW E6x M5/M6 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.6.3 (zip) Recently Updated! – MSS60 / BMW E90/E92/E93 M3 Binary Modification & Remap Tool BMW E90/E92/E93 M3 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.9.5 (exe) BMW E90/E92/E93 M3 Binary Modification Tool – Build 1.9.5 (zip) MSS6x Flasher

You also need the program "BMW Flash"

You will also need a KDCAN cable/laptop, instructions for the program are on the site as well.

First and foremost, ECUWorx offer no warranty of any kind, we are not liable if you break your car by incorrectly flashing your ECU/DME. You do so at your own risk! You will require the following: A copy of the MSS5x Binary Modification Tool, available here A fully charged laptop and a copy of BMWFlash or MSSFlasher. Available from here: BMWFlash or a copy of from here: MSSFlasher A FTDI based OBD2 diagnostic cable such as a BMTechnic cable / BM or a KKL Vag-Com cable. yIf you don’t have one, you can buy one from here A trickle charger
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Just saw this trick for installing the stock exhaust manifold studs using one of the valve cover cap nuts -

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	295
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	176095 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	285
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	176096 Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	319.3 KB ID:	176094

Last edited by Slideways; 07-15-2022, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I recently put my SS headers on and it was definitely better having stock studs. I previously had N54 studs and I had to move them around just to get sockets on the nuts. That upper 6th stud wasn't too bad. I use my electric ratchet on all but 5 bottom nuts so it took about 10 minutes versus the hours last time. I've also learned to move the reservoir and unbolt the metal coolant hose. Start to finish from lifting to driving out was about 5 hours. Everyone should invest in an electric ratchet. It's seriously worth it.

Amazon.com: Milwaukee 2457-20 M12 Cordless 3/8" Lithium-Ion Ratchet (Bare Tool) : Tools & Home Improvement
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                  I recently put my SS headers on and it was definitely better having stock studs. I previously had N54 studs and I had to move them around just to get sockets on the nuts. That upper 6th stud wasn't too bad. I use my electric ratchet on all but 5 bottom nuts so it took about 10 minutes versus the hours last time. I've also learned to move the reservoir and unbolt the metal coolant hose. Start to finish from lifting to driving out was about 5 hours. Everyone should invest in an electric ratchet. It's seriously worth it.
                  That's the next Milwaukee M12 tool on my list. So, you removed the nuts with that? When you say you had to move the N54 studs around, what do you mean--change position and mix/match with the original studs? I need to order some studs, and on the fence with the N54 or stock studs. As you may know from my other thread, I'm doing the SS headers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

That's the next Milwaukee M12 tool on my list. So, you removed the nuts with that? When you say you had to move the N54 studs around, what do you mean--change position and mix/match with the original studs? I need to order some studs, and on the fence with the N54 or stock studs. As you may know from my other thread, I'm doing the SS headers as well.
                    For SS headers, just do all S54 studs. Sometimes they will stick out too far and you can't tighten one down under a pipe. It's super annoying. I upgraded from Megan headers and while they noce headers, getting them on was not that easy. The SS headers took 10 minues to get in and torque.
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
                    X