SMG adaptation - what INPA version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG adaptation - what INPA version

What version(s) of INPA would have the SMG adaptation? I've got V5.0.6 and the only feature it has is "Activate". I went through those options and it didn't have any for adaptation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SMGversion.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	170009

Name:	SMG03.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	170010

Name:	SMG04.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	170011

17 iO1 i3
    16 F22 M235i
    08 E93 M3
    04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

The version number 5.0.6 is merely for the GUI, it doesn't say anything about the underlying files.
    I don't really use INPA, don't like it, I use DIS.

But regardless, if my memory serves me right, instead of clicking into E46, it is under "Special Tests" if you have that on the home screen.
    F9 or SHIFT+F9 depending on who modified the home layout for your install..
    E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
    E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
    E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Correct. Hold down shift and you should see a special or “sonter” menu show up.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post
        The version number 5.0.6 is merely for the GUI, it doesn't say anything about the underlying files.
        I don't really use INPA, don't like it, I use DIS.

But regardless, if my memory serves me right, instead of clicking into E46, it is under "Special Tests" if you have that on the home screen.
        F9 or SHIFT+F9 depending on who modified the home layout for your install..
        Unfortunately, I don't have that option on my Home screen, as shown below. I installed my INPA following this: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204192, Would you be able to direct me to where I can add the needed files? TIA!

Name:	BMWHome.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	170048
        17 iO1 i3
        16 F22 M235i
        08 E93 M3
        04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Yeah, no problem. I just hate these modified installs when the original files are totally fine.

Regardless, if you go to "C:\EC-APPS\INPA\CFGDAT" and check for the file named "SONDER.ENG", I think 99% chance that you will already have it.
          If you do, great.

Open your INPA.INI file (same directory in some text editor like notepad).

In this example, I'll replace your F01 entry here, since I assume you do not use that one.
          You will see some code like:

Code:
          F12 = F01
          F12_Text = F01 (F02)
          F12_ARCHIV = SGBD_F01
          Try to replace it with
          Code:
          F12 = Sonder
          F12_KNOPF = Special
          F12_TEXT = Special tests
          Then it should work, let me know if it did :P
          E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
          E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
          E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

The bimmergeeks one does not work. I struggled for a long time editing those text files and trying to get it to work with no success. Ultimately I got "Mike's" INPA download and it worked:

Comment

Code:
              F12 = F01
              F12_Text = F01 (F02)
              F12_ARCHIV = SGBD_F01
              Try to replace it with
              Code:
              F12 = Sonder
              F12_KNOPF = Special
              F12_TEXT = Special tests
              Unfortunately, it didn't work. The main menu still shows options for the F01, even after editing with the 3 lines you recommended and I also rebooted for s_and_giggles. There must be another .cfg or .ini file.

Name:	BMWF01.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	170074
              17 iO1 i3
              16 F22 M235i
              08 E93 M3

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                The bimmergeeks one does not work. I struggled for a long time editing those text files and trying to get it to work with no success. Ultimately I got "Mike's" INPA download and it worked:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/m...ackage.879366/
                Did you uninstall your previous versions or you just installed over?
                17 iO1 i3
                16 F22 M235i
                08 E93 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Da Jemster View Post

Did you uninstall your previous versions or you just installed over?
                  It was a VM so I made a snapshot and installed over. It was a risk but it ended up working just fine.

Comment

It was a VM so I made a snapshot and installed over. It was a risk but it ended up working just fine.
                    I'm going for it... Created a Restore point for fallback.
                    17 iO1 i3
                    16 F22 M235i
                    08 E93 M3

Comment

I got it running on top of the existing one. Thanks a bunch!!
                      17 iO1 i3
                      16 F22 M235i
                      08 E93 M3

Comment

I think it retained my edits on the .ini file when I installed the new version over the existing one (the timestamp on the file was when I edited it). F12 has the sonder and I was able to run the Bleed Actuator and Complete Adaptation. Thanks a lot for the assist!

Name:	BMWHome2.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	170114

Unfortunately I'm still dead in the water. I launched Complete Adaptation initially (since I didn't change the pump) and it failed after 10 minutes. I ran it again 2 more times and the abend/break kept occurring sooner. I kept getting different error codes for the SMG. The constant one was "break at: adapt gearbox". I thought, maybe I should start with the Bleed Actuator. I ran that 3 times as well - the first abend occurred with only 4 minutes left, the 2nd with 8 minutes and the 3rd at 12 minutes.
                        17 iO1 i3
                        16 F22 M235i
                        08 E93 M3

Comment

I think it retained my edits on the .ini file when I installed the new version over the existing one (the timestamp on the file was when I edited it). F12 has the sonder and I was able to run the Bleed Actuator and Complete Adaptation. Thanks a lot for the assist!

Name:	BMWHome2.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	170114

Unfortunately I'm still dead in the water. I launched Complete Adaptation initially (since I didn't change the pump) and it failed after 10 minutes. I ran it again 2 more times and the abend/break kept occurring sooner. I kept getting different error codes for the SMG. The constant one was "break at: adapt gearbox". I thought, maybe I should start with the Bleed Actuator. I ran that 3 times as well - the first abend occurred with only 4 minutes left, the 2nd with 8 minutes and the 3rd at 12 minutes.
                          If the bleed won’t complete you have no chance with the adaptation.

I assume you’ve tried replacing the relay and 40amp smg fuse?

Have you logged pump pressure and see if it ever reaches operating pressure?

Comment

If the bleed won’t complete you have no chance with the adaptation.

I assume you’ve tried replacing the relay and 40amp smg fuse?

Have you logged pump pressure and see if it ever reaches operating pressure?

I checked #8 and #22 (both 5 Amps) (#66 is empty) and both are good. I didn't replace the salmon relay nor have checked the pump pressure because I can hear the pump prime and able to start the car. It just won't shift to any gear after replacing the encoder shaft.
                            17 iO1 i3
                            16 F22 M235i
                            08 E93 M3

Comment

I checked #8 and #22 (both 5 Amps) (#66 is empty) and both are good. I didn't replace the salmon relay nor have checked the pump pressure because I can hear the pump prime and able to start the car. It just won't shift to any gear after replacing the encoder shaft.
                              If the bleed procedures fail I would think that would indicate a hydraulic pressure leak either in the pump itself or in the seals of the slave and/or actuator.

Comment

Working...
                              X